Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
There's no end to esreveR sprite threads...
I think I lost everything in the above post somehow, but it was so long ago I don't even remember anymore.

Anyhow, yes, I'm alive, and not only that, I've gotten some new last-gen console emulators and pretty much screwed up any emus that weren't. Has anyone seen the new Kawaks? It feels almost surreal that there would be such activity while I wasn't looking...

Also, looking for MAME32 PLUS! 0.123u1, if anyone can find a download for such it would be greatly appreciated.

[Image: junkymonkey.gif]

I said I would redo this, but I never got around to it because I'm lazy and forgot after a while. It's Junky Monkey from Battle Garegga with rather rundimentary animation. There are some bosses that are covered in turrets, and then there's this boss that builds turrets and places them on the map just for you. Yeah.

[Image: golem.gif]

This is Golem, the Valley boss in Battle Bakraid. Like most B-series game sprites, I've reversed the animation on one side so it actually looks right. This is pretty much Junky Monkey's spiritual successor, and it's armed with just about everything, you just can't see it all at once.

[Image: sobutvulcans.gif][Image: bluntturret.gif][Image: envystand.gif]

Oh, why look, it's our favorite rivals from Armed Police Batrider! First is Sobut, the sadistic femme fatale with four arms, second is Blunt, the candy-loving hacker whose cat (I believe) pilots the other head, and third is Envy, the...uh, corporate dictator or some shit who is 90% robot and looks rather pretty (for a guy at least). Yeah. First one uses long bullets, second round, and third just uses particle weapons all around (Hey that rhymes).

[Image: dischargefloat.png]

Oh and here's Discharge too. He's extremely difficult to fight, just as any final boss should be. Try him on Rank 0!

[Image: newmabsavatar.gif]

Someone else's avatar was animated wrong, and it annoyed the crap out of me, so I made a better one. I don't even know if he's using it yet.

[Image: deviatesit.gif]

This boss looks way better in motion. Just trust me.

[Image: navalmidboss.gif]

Denebian ship design is...interesting, to say the least.

[Image: leviathan.gif]

...Yeah. That orange bridge can take off and fly around too.

[Image: nottheflyingbanana.gif]

1. Encounter one of these planes
2. Damage it enough so it uses the underside cannon
3. Destroy random bits of scenery and tanks as it spews out bullets
4. Grab shittons of jewelry
5. ???
6. PROFIT!

[Image: nottheflyingbananaeither.gif]

It's...supposed to be in a sunset. I believe there's also a night palette but it was annoying to rip and I'm too lazy to do palette swaps. Not sure if I animated the propellers right.

[Image: stealthdragonred.gif]

A plane with a spine and tail. How intriguing. Note that the pixel aspect ratio is wrong because Dimahoo is on the CPS2 or some shit. Recolored and revised for your sake.

[Image: stealthdragonblue.gif]

And it's ice counterpart, which is NOT (!!) a recolor, although the game seems to use a recolored version of the red one for this particular animation.

[Image: ketsuiwyvernii.gif]

I spent about thirty minutes ripping from Ketsui Death Label before I ran out of interesting things that I can actually rip from the game (Bosses use a lot of weird palettes that I can't seem to get right c_c). Here's Wyvern II, a sweet-looking VTOL fighter-bomber thing.

[Image: ketsuigoldenbat.gif]

Golden Bat ER. I have no idea what the "ER" stands for, but I guess it's supposed to differentiate it from the typical Golden Bat or something. Animation made symmetrical for your viewing pleasure.

[Image: ketsuithunderbolt.gif]

Here's the Thunderbolt VTOL fighters, which seem to fulfill a similar role to Cranassian sniper choppers, although they're actually rather different in actual mechanics. Whereas Thunderbolt is just a tilting engine bed, sniper choppers appear to use a combination of variable-sweep wings, jet engines, and lifting fans. Maybe even rocket engines somewhere too. I don't even know how the Cranassians can afford such an enormous fleet of those anyway. Wait, I don't even have pictures of them! FFFFFF...

[Image: tablesturned.gif]

I saw an icon for this in the PS2 port of Metal Slug 3, and I knew immediately that I needed to animate it. So here. The only thing I made as of late that actually might win something.

[Image: gsdx_20100612170603.bmp][Image: gsdx_20100613201945.bmp]

Previews of some of the art galleries I am trying to upload. I was also thinking of Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2, but I have to unlock them first. Which, as you may know, isn't easy when you just lost all if your progress (Read above)...

Raiden III - Artwork
Raiden III - Machine
Ibara - Artwork
I probably sized them wrong. Sorry Ouch!

And that's it for now. Man this took me the entire night to write.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's no end to esreveR sprite threads... - by esreveR - 06-26-2010, 11:23 AM