Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
There's no end to esreveR sprite threads...
(03-16-2010, 06:38 PM)*Gorsal* Wrote: About the sprites, good job ripping them. Also making something in the same style shouldn't be that difficult, considering that you can mirror the outline to make the other side.

Sadly, in Seibu Kaihatsu shooters, they somehow had the time to make everything angle-shaded and therefore unable to be flipped in any direction. How the hell you would make 64-color sprites in 64 directions is beyond me (I think they did it by hand too, because they don't have blurry edges), but yeah, apparently they did it. For this reason I'm looking at Battle Bakraid as the next best thing to make customs for, because everything's pillow-shaded (Bahaha really...but it's easier that way, okay Ouch!)

Also, I need good names for those custom fighters I made, namely the tandem-triplane and the cantilever tail ones. Already came up with Fireblade and Gargoyle for the quad-prop and night-fighter respectively. No response from the requesting guy, which is annoying the crap out of me because I clearly put thirty tons of effort into my last post and I've seen him on the board once or twice but somehow missing the sprite section entirely. Bah.

And I'm not going to change Fireblade, apparently, as wind tunnel testing (Because my school is awesome enough to have a wind tunnel. No kidding) proves that the rear prop pulls air over the wing and can actually produce more lift, not less, if tuned correctly.

And finally some actual damn ripping.

[Image: deltasword.gif][Image: biaxe.gif][Image: spearhead.gif]

Painful getting Type-A and Type-C to loop. Also, painful separating them from their backgrounds, because the backgrounds had fewer colors than they did O_o

The animations are for them fully-powered, because apparently they're different based on how many power-ups you have. Sort of strange.

Player 2 palettes for teh win!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's no end to esreveR sprite threads... - by esreveR - 03-17-2010, 09:22 PM