Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
There's no end to esreveR sprite threads...
Dang. I thought I would've gained more attention with that, but I guess no one has ever actually gotten that far. Yeah, it's Hibachi from DoDonPachi. The "true" final boss, only encountered at the end of the second loop. I suppose I can call my nationality Japan now...eh?

Anyway, someone on MSDB requested these. They're the actual fighters that appear in the Raiden Fighters series, in other words, they're not custom.

[Image: aegis.gif][Image: beastarrow.gif][Image: chaser.gif][Image: devastator.gif][Image: endeavor.gif][Image: raidenmkii.gif][Image: judgespear.gif][Image: slave.gif]
[Image: aegisiv.gif][Image: beastwing.gif][Image: chaser2000.gif][Image: deathheader.gif][Image: eraser.gif][Image: flyingray.gif][Image: griffin.gif][Image: helldiver.gif][Image: ixion.gif][Image: raidenmkiibeta.gif][Image: bluejavelin.gif][Image: aegisiic.gif][Image: darksword.gif][Image: miclus.gif][Image: fairy.gif]

Boy, this was a lot of work. I also have the alternate palettes from Raiden Fighters Jet.

Thinking of making more custom designs though. Looking back at Fireblade, I don't like the idea of dual push-pull nacelles because the airflow is probably a bit screwed up by the time it gets to the rear prop, so I'm thinking about changing it to a sort of piston-based afterburner (In other words, it injects excess fuel into the exhaust gases like in a jet engine, only this is piston exhaust). Of course, with that in mind, I could change the configuration entirely, into something like Beast Arrow or Griffin. I just need to figure out whether the combined output is greater or less than a pusher.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's no end to esreveR sprite threads... - by esreveR - 03-15-2010, 10:28 PM