Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
There's no end to esreveR sprite threads...
(03-03-2010, 11:32 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote:
Quote:I did what Francisco said, but in all honesty this was...not worth the effort it took to rip. I am sorry, but games without savestate or tile-ripping support are pure pain to rip from.
exactly why i hinted this at you. you see, no one on TSR has ripped dodonpachi because is hard. and you're the only one i could ever think that would be able to complete such task.

Ah, so it was worth it after all...because no one else seems to rip shit from it! I get it...thanks, I guess. I should check up on other peoples' progress more often.

(03-03-2010, 12:11 PM)*Gorsal* Wrote: maybe, when the emulators start supporting savestates...

also off-topic, but are you okay there, Metaru? I saw the news some days ago, and I got kind of worried.

What happen!!

Oh and lookie here. I actually followed through with the whole Seibu ripping thing. Apparently the whole process of tile-ripping from Raiden Fighters is actually super-easy if you have time. And I have plenty of it.

[Image: notsoenemyplane.gif]

Well, this is a drastic change; taking 'distance shots' of enemy aircraft, recoloring them to imply otherwise, and then flipping them to make player craft! And furthermore, I think this sprite here (Or rather, the original version of it) is totally unused!

[Image: gdnightfighter.gif]

And here's the original enemy, unchanged from the tile viewer. Pretty snazzy-looking night-fighter.

[Image: gdtankdestroyer.gif]

And a somewhat large (Yeah, trust me, there's way bigger shit than this) tank destroyer with two guns mounted in the superstructure.

[Image: gdgunboat.gif]

And a medium-sized gunboat. Medium is actually an overstatement, probably, because we also contend with battleships that would make the Yamato cower in sheer fear.

[Image: dropspowerups.gif]

Funny little fact: Enemies with similar colors are actually using the same palette! This makes recoloring incredibly easy, because as seen here, every vehicle sprite is compatible with the same palette file. Thus we have a Level 1 enemy in power-up drop colors. Question though, would it still drop the medal?

Also, it's worth noting that the enemy aircraft all have sprites of themselves in the background (Or at least the bombers do). Many of these sprites are unused, like that of the one above. They're probably details on stages like Level 30 and 35, where you're flying really damn high over the ground.

Oh, and the er, other stuff I was saying I'd do? Um, the Dimahoo items seem to have the wrong palette (Oh boy!), so I've gotta go through them again. The Metal Slug text is likely useless unless I post it in sheet form, too, so meh.

And someone requested I rip all the Raiden Fighters player aircraft. Where do I start from, dammit?!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's no end to esreveR sprite threads... - by esreveR - 03-05-2010, 11:25 PM