Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
There's no end to esreveR sprite threads...
(02-01-2010, 09:27 AM)*Gorsal* Wrote: yeah, I suggest addinge the bob on the turret, too. Think of it as a single sprite.

I understand what you mean...this'll be a bit difficult to explain...

When I originally set out to put that turret on it, I wanted it to seem like it was hitching a ride on the Landseek, not bolted onto it. Think of how other vehicles often are carried on the Landseek, and then imagine that turret was one of them. As such you can't really call it a custom sprite or even an edit, because it's more or less programming, not actual spriting. Since the Landseek's bed is stationary (As Francisco pointed out, it would screw with the programming and make it so that things 'fell' every other frame instead of just moving downward), I chose to leave it that way.

...Well, until now.

[Image: kindoftechnical.gif]

...I'm sure they could program it in somehow, after all, they did so with the Ptole truck, so...?

And here's one of those bigass 'secret' medals from Giga Wing you get when you shoot the orange orbs after shooting the blue orb after shooting the red orbs. If that made sense at all.

[Image: usescientificnotationplease.gif]

In other news, whose idea was it to incorporate pixel aspect ratios into the CPS2? There must have been some kind of legitimate reason behind it, but it just seems stupid to have anything other than square pixels. Can't they just make it a 304x224px monitor like the NeoGeo?

...And I've incorporated it into some of my other stuff because.

[Image: dimahoocharselect.gif]

(There would be no point in making this a .PNG, because wonky pixel aspect ratios already screwed up the graphics anyway.)

[Image: thebombfairy.gif]

(I could've sworn I found a 'fairy of fire' as an item, and there's likely one of ice somewhere, but if I only ripped that and none of the other items, that'd just be wrong.)

Also, I feel like I'm going to conquer the world today (After the dentist, okay), so I'm actually going to try ripping from Raiden Fighters! Wish me luck, because I'm going to need it. Ouch!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's no end to esreveR sprite threads... - by esreveR - 02-01-2010, 05:53 PM