Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
There's no end to esreveR sprite threads...
So much anticipation from you guys Cry

[Image: mobilesatellite.gif]

And I probably will rip the effects, then see if I can sheet as many explosions as I possibly can because some guy is nagging at me to do so.

Edit: And laser/fire effects.

[Image: batterylaser.gif]

Battery laser: I'm not quite certain about this one because you can only use it against the zombies in Mission 2 of MS3. However, apparently it kills them instantly (Which means it must do ten or more damage) and inflicts damage every frame (Or rather, every Metal Slug frame, which is actually two NeoGeo frames). Apparently it goes through enemies too, and the programmers never bothered making it stop anywhere. Which means that if you actually had this thing anywhere else, it would be cheap as fuck (10 points of damage times 24 frames equals 240 points of damage, which is the kind of stuff only bosses can handle).

[Image: firechilifire.gif]
as you can see this thing looks completely boring without sprite movement

Fire Chili fire: I know that's redundant, yes. I got it from the MS Project site so don't look at me. This is effectively a Big Flame Shot blast that you'd fire while in Jumbo Player mode (The one when you're fat, again, official name), but since I've never seen anyone study Flame Shot mechanics closely in Metal Slug I'll lay that out for you as well.

Flame Shot consists of three parts: The ball (The big thing with shockwaves), the flames (Look like red explosions), and the tail (Looks like a squashed red explosion). The ball is the only thing actually spawned by performing an attack. It in turn spawns the tail and then a flame, then goes a frame without spawning anything, then spawns a flame the next two frames, and then repeats from the 'frame without spawning anything' phase. As such there is only ever one tail piece, after it spawns only flames spawn.

The ball disappears and stops spawning flames after 13 frames. After that a new round can be fired. The ball does 1 point of damage every frame (A total of 13 points of damage), the flames do 1 point of damage every 4 frames (They do this for all 24 frames, so that's about 6 points per flame), and 7 flames are spawned (and thus 42 points of damage for flames). The tail does no damage. In total, if the entire attack connects, it's 55 points per shot, but since it's only natural that most of the components will miss (due to speed, randomization of trajectory [and therefore loss of accuracy], and enemy movement), this is never actually reached in-game.

That was probably very confusing, but whatever. Studying the game with Kawaks can help.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's no end to esreveR sprite threads... - by esreveR - 09-06-2009, 04:34 PM