Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
There's no end to esreveR sprite threads...
(06-08-2009, 11:36 AM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: i remember when i though that those animations were so overly complicated and impossible to made, then looking at them more carefully they were so simple...

Indeed. It's all in the tweening.

Nevertheless, I had to put in a lot of effort to be sure the animations were as close as possible to their in-game counterparts. And that was a major pain, I'll say.

In total the animation probably took about fifteen to thirty minutes for the mecha (Or anything with actual sprite locations changing) and then five to ten for anything else. Ripping, on the other hand, took about an entire weekend to do, so that's the important part.

Also, I have the Slug Gigant somewhere but I forgot to upload it. May as well edit it into this post when I have the time.

Edit:

[Image: erisluggigant.gif]

Okay...well, here's one thing I'm gonna mention to you folks, and it's pretty danged important. I like Eri Kasamoto. No, I love her. Adore her. PRAY TO HER NINE TIMES A DAY, NINE DAYS A WEEK, AND NINE WEEKS A MONTH. Wait.

Well, yeah, that's why I put Eri inside this bad ass of a mech. Because, in my opinion, she deserves it.

Fio sucks by the way. *Dodges brick*

Edit: May as well post these still images simply for the sake of it.

[Image: aircrash.png]

An Eaca-B crashing into the sea. I was dissatisfied with how many Sprite Wars members used Photoshop effects and whatnot for things like this. I came in and said, "I can do better", and they didn't believe me. I made this image and proved I could. They suspended me for a week and later IP banned me. At least someone lifted it.

[Image: metroidhumor.png]

"Why do the Space Pirates always build Morphball-sized ventilation ducts? We may never know." That was the caption to go with this. Gussprint also mentioned the Prime games allow you to navigate the Space Pirates' ship doors, while - Believe it or not - They can't. How awkward for them as well.

Also, in case you're wondering why I pray to Eri nine times a day, nine days a week, and nine weeks a month, and yet have a Samus-themed avatar...well... A. I like Samus because she is practically Eri in a Power Suit anyway, B. This is only one of many themes I have on innumerable message boards, and Eri's in my WLM theme, and C. I HAVE A SLUG GIGANT. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. THERE.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's no end to esreveR sprite threads... - by esreveR - 06-08-2009, 04:51 PM