Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Duel -- STARPOWER vs RIDGE TROOPA: "M&L3 Showdown"
Here's some weapons!

[Image: cortez1.png]

I'm sure someone will point out the reference I just made.

Now for some more Smithy critz.
... All right, five shades should be fine I suppose. It still looks a bit more PiT than ML3, but eh. Continue.
The angle, however, is definitely better.

(05-01-2009, 05:19 AM)EpicWes Wrote: I think the handle of the hammer, as well as the hand holding the handle, should both be bigger. the hand seems covered up too much and the handle seems too thin.

That.
Hammer still needs to be fixed in the way that I said earlier; handle needs to be wider, hammer shorter in length... I would also recommend shading it differently... The way it is now just doesn't look ML3.

By the way, I apologize if the way I'm explaining how to fix things makes it seem like you're not doing a good job, because that is most certainly not the case. It's the fact that you're making it so good that it's out of style. Like you, I often make things that are too good for the styles that I sprite in, which is why I have to go back and fix things... Cortez was originally going to have 5 shades and much more detailed shading, however I decided against that after looking at the boss sprites more carefully.

If I didn't say so before, it would be an excellent idea to use the gray from the outline as a color for that gray pallet you have. Pretty much every sprite that needs a dark gray uses the outline color.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sprite Duel -- STARPOWER vs RIDGE TROOPA: "M&L3 Showdown" - by Ridge Troopa - 05-01-2009, 05:41 PM