Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
.dae importing issue
(05-27-2023, 08:33 PM)Jasper7438 Wrote: If you would provide the model for people to test the issue with, you'd be more likely to get a response since there is no way to know what is wrong otherwise

Here's what I'd try:

1. Import the original model (in whatever format it is).

2. Delete the empties (the cross things).

3. If parts of the model get rotated after deleting the empties, rotate them back into position. DON'T do it manually, you can rotate stuff specifically by pressing R (Rotate), X/Y/Z (Axis), # (in degrees). In your screenshot you would have to rotate those model parts by 90 degrees in the x axis to put them back in the right orientation (R, X, 90).

4. Once everything is in the right orientation, select everything (A), press CTRL + A, then select "All Transforms" to zero out all transformations.

5. You should then do anything else that needs to be done, then export .DAE, and it should be rotated correctly.

sorry, that's my bad! i followed all of your steps and something still seems to be wrong. it's also doing something strange with the meshes, where it will put all of them in one sub-hierarchy(?) like so:

[Image: YwRhXJt.png]

where as in the .blend file i exported from, it's organized like this:

[Image: LhJvmUW.png]

not sure if that's something .dae files usually do or not. i will attach the model file this time, sorry about not doing that before Sweatdrop

edit: ...or not. here, i'll attach a link instead: https://www.mediafire.com/file/hmsef3g86...e.zip/file
[Image: dboql0m-f3cfed11-5c83-4b3d-a3a5-df50e37d...lYrzNhnHjM]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
.dae importing issue - by spiderfriend - 05-24-2023, 11:36 PM
RE: .dae importing issue - by Jasper7438 - 05-27-2023, 08:33 PM
RE: .dae importing issue - by spiderfriend - 05-28-2023, 07:23 PM
RE: .dae importing issue - by Jasper7438 - 05-28-2023, 08:41 PM
RE: .dae importing issue - by spiderfriend - 05-28-2023, 09:04 PM