Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nekketsu High School: Yamada's Revenge / Kunio-Kun Online
Nice! I'll eagerly await the next update. I think I'll separate the creatures accordingly. It's the best workflow atm when the sprites are likes this, but I probably just have to familiarize myself with atlas regions. Then it wouldn't be much of an issue. I'm currently looking into making the input buffer, so I can see those SWEET special attacks in action =)

If you have any instructions on how to separate the heads, etc. point me in the right direction.

One more thing... I'm really struggling with the layout of interior scenes, so any interior graphics (e.g. inside school) might provide some insight as to how I might go about it. The original idea was that you can zoom out and see things going on on the floor above (maybe even below you). I might just drop that altogether though as it is rarely done in these games and without anything to copy I'm pretty cluesless about perspective and such things. Plus, I was going for 2.5D even though I understand it was meant for 3D. But I don't really see the point. Sure, knockback effect and such could be done with weight of characters, gravity, etc. but doing it in 2D only takes a couple lines of code and isn't a big deal.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nekketsu High School: Yamada's Revenge / Kunio-Kun Online - by malong - 04-27-2023, 11:06 AM