Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Bomberman Versus - My Dream Fangame
Welcome back to another update! Alefy San here! ^-^

I have been continuously working on the battle menu since my last post. The rendering code is getting almost done, at least for what I need so far.

This is how my game is currently looking like:
[Image: Capture.PNG?width=797&height=513]
Yeah, yeah, I know. It is nowhere near pretty so far. I still got a lot of work to do on this.
First I need to animate the background. Then I need to tile these textures. And then I need to work more on the character and stage selection things. And also, I haven't started working on the input yet.

As you can see, I am using sprites from the Super Bomberman games. I am using a custom palette format I have created. This is going to help a lot for recoloring the playable characters with different palettes. I have created a custom Python script for converting PNGs into this custom format.

I am also very glad that I am managing to learn a lot by working on this game, especially about Direct3d and the Windows API! Big Grin

Unfortunately though, for some reason Windows, Edge, File Explorer and EVERYTHING YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE detects my game as a virus. Compiling with /O2 kinda helps a little, but it's still a bad thing to occur. I hope that as my .exe gets bigger in file size and my game starts to become more complete this can soon fade away.

But anyway, let's talk about some specs. I have always been a performance maniac. I like to create games to be as optimized as possible!
There is not that much in the game so far, but while running the game it uses 3.8% of my CPU(and it is a old and slow one) and just 6.1MB of RAM. The file size of the executable so far is about 100KB with optimizations. I am embedding all the assets into the .exe, so it will somehow work like an old game's ROM. I am trying to make this game run perfectly fine on even the most potato PCs, but you will need to have at least Direct3d 11(and a Windows 7 or higher, apparently). And if you have a 32 bit computer, please don't worry. I will make sure to distribute downloads in both 32 and 64 bits! Wink 

There is still so much work for me to do! I hope this game turns out to be amazing! See you all in the next update! ^-^
Just a random dude. I really love programming in C! Hopefully I can publish a game someday! Sometimes I like to rip Super Nintendo games too!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Bomberman Versus - My Dream Fangame - by Alefy San - 02-01-2023, 04:00 PM