Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Yawackhary's Last Chance Saloon Ripping Gallery
Oh... It's a misunderstanding and didn't at all mean to cause grief or make anyone upset. In all honesty, am pretty bad when it comes to speech and just happened to be annoyed at the time. To put it lightly, didn't want to cause drama over wording that wasn't clarified properly.

It was more of a general point like what I've seen in the past and a concern for the future rather than the case of Yoshi's Island. What I was referring to in particular when venting is something along the lines of the Sonic rips and customs. Not just the Tokyo Toy Show customs where people are arguing in the comments but also either the re-rips didn't settle well for people or edit wars between sheets, some rippers being protective of their sheets and the grief that Paraemon gets from the rips because of something. Seems to be if Sonic's involved, drama just happens no matter what. Seen it happen with Cuphead and Friday Night Funk'n. I don't really recall any from the early days, the earliest replacements that annoyed people was when SuperJustinBros started doing mass scale re-rips of various games yet in a vast majority of cases, the re-rips are welcomed. Even in the case of the Sonic rips, I actually did want the Chaotix stuff to be replaced because they were embarrassing, the final version was unrippable at the time, credited people who you shouldn't really associate with, completely gone off the series and... loved the re-rips that were done to the point where I'll welcome any of my older stuff to be re-ripped. Also didn't want the Sonic Xtreme rips but that's (breathes out) another story...

In terms of Yoshi's Island, you both did (along with Murphmario) an excellent job and shouldn't be discouraged at all. It's more of say I don't know the right words... maybe a lack of planning until it's too late or a case of bad timing rather than a "fight". I can understand MarioFanGamer's passion of the game and only wanting the best out there.

Anyway now that's over, something a bit more uplifting. A WIP sheet of Operation Wolf on the Amstrad CPC done on my newer computer, the only rip that I've done for a bit.

What's missing is the pig, the grenade and have to check the enemies from Stages 2-6 because some that look like recolors aren't and some are. This version is cutdown as it is missing a bit (the boss and hostage at the end of Stage 2, "The Enemy is Behind You!" stages, the plane going up at the end of Stage 6, some enemy placements, the bikini girl and the cutscenes unless you have a custom trainer that ports the arcade intro to the CPC) Actually it resembles more of how the game appears in bootlegged arcade versions or how it was in MAME before the protection microcontroller was emulated.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yawackhary's Last Chance Saloon Ripping Gallery - by Yawackhary - 12-04-2022, 06:34 PM