Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Yawackhary's Last Chance Saloon Ripping Gallery
Thanks ever so much.

Yeah my health hasn't been 100% for a while. My eyes aren't going to get any better due to a diagnosis from the hospital so yeah, they're getting worse and it's going to take years to get sorted. For now, being using eye spray and drops as a recommended stop gap.

So not much I'm afraid due to sorting out my gaming collection and taking it easy which is less said than done...

Power Golf (TurboGrafx-16)
Player 1
Player 1
Player 2
Player 2
Player 3
Player 3

Hole #05
Hole #05
Hole #06
Hole #06
Hole #07
Hole #07
Hole #08
Hole #08
Hole #09
Hole #09
Hole #10
Hole #10
Hole #11
Hole #11
Hole #12
Hole #12
Hole #13
Hole #13
Hole #14
Hole #14
Hole #15
Hole #15
Hole #16
Hole #16
Hole #17
Hole #17
Hole #18
Hole #18

There's just the course objects, the ball, title screen, name entry and a few misc things left. Weirdly the "background" that's used for behind the golfer view? That's actually completely done with sprites since the console can only support 1 background layer that's already used for the course. Thank goodness for modern tools otherwise this would have been impossible for both that and the player back in the day.

Batman
Gotham City Stage 1
Gotham City Stage 1
Gotham City Stage 2
Gotham City Stage 2

The vaguely closest thing to a Halloween rip... This is it so far due to Stages 3 and 5 change the layout once you've collected the pieces while Stage 4 uses animation for the acid. Oh and the game loads garbage tiles on the maps, proving that this game was a rush job when the planned side scroller got cancelled.

Amstrad

Rock'n Roller
Rocky Driver
Rocky Driver
Enemies
Enemies

Track & Field
Athlete
Athlete

Konami found out about Daley Thompson's Decathlon and Ocean had to make an official version (wonder whether this caused Konami to split up with Ocean briefly and when their arcade porting venture failed went back to them for a few games). Yet Ocean were crafty and only released this as a compilation for the Spectrum/CPC as Atari already brought out a C64 port in the US. I'm actually surprised that Konami didn't push Ocean to port 88 Games instead considering that it came out in 1988, AFAIK that doesn't have any ports... Then again Ocean decided to make another Daley Thompson game instead with the gimmicks of training and choosing the right ADIDAS TM branded trainers. 

It is still debatable on who actually made this game whether it was done by Ali Davidson who went to Gremlin (was not part of Ocean) or outsourcing this to Microids who had done the Track & Field clone Athlete (also uses the background as part of the sprite and a similar font).

Spectrum

Track & Field
Athlete
Athlete

At first had problems with the boundaries however... the Amstrad version helped with this. Also did a bit of math.

This version was actually released unfinished as it crashes after the final event, all down to a bug with the numbers (it attempts to load Event 7 that doesn't exist as there are only 6 events in the game, think it is the old 0 is 1 rather than 1 is 1 or vice versa.)

Since it's a bit light even with fonts and loading screens, some WIP and progress:

Thanked by: Barack Obama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yawackhary's Last Chance Saloon Ripping Gallery - by Yawackhary - 10-29-2022, 08:46 PM