Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files
(03-01-2023, 11:54 PM)IVBOY Wrote: That's fair. I do intend to start playing the game again on Bluestacks or what have you due to recent developments (got a bit of free time) though preferably it'll be the JP version if I can get that running. Been told I can do this via Bluestacks HyperV, qooapp, and even disabling Hyper-V related windows features and installing Bluestacks 5, but I'll have to test all of them when I'm not busy with classwork. May start Friday, assuming I'm free, though then I'll also be deleting my old work on ripping game assets (as in the previous uploads where I got the Deathwatch set of costumes uploaded. I saved them on my PC for some reason.)

Will try to get through the story and primarily get Chapter 4 stuff ripped, as there's some new content there that I can upload. I think I can also upload the F1(?) Sanae Assets as I've had them since the first rip of the game that I did, considering she's an enemy you can fight now

Regardless, I'll do my best to actually help out here. Hopefully your search goes well, too!

That'll be great, I've been doing my best to rip but I will probably stop at the end of the current assets I have. I have around 125(?) story cards in full of the 399 (at LEAST, according to the container IDs), and multiple backgrounds that I intend to post, plus seven characters. Unless I obtain a few more fantasy rebirth costumes, or pull a new rare character (like ANY of the Touhou 1-12 characters, though A1 Reimu and Marisa aren't in the global release yet) I'll be taking a break. An odd note is that the global release is quickly approaching the same point in terms of characters. My next release will for portraits will contain Eika. Narumi, and Urumi who are shockingly in the cache for global already (and I mean down to having nameplates  in English and un-named costumes). I also found parts of costumes, and I don't know why my cache contains characters some and doesn't have others (Flandre A6 is an example of an oddity where I never got her, yet she's in my cache and Remilia isn't. I have her on an alt though, but need a break before I mine for a single character). Also poor Miyoi is the only character in the whole main storyline I don't seem to be able to find a portrait of.

It's also worth noting if you intend to copy the cache again, go into the journal and run all story events you have before opening the cache again, this the game won't redownload the cache files if you've lost them somehow unless it needs to display them. I was able to test this due to someone wanting some Hifuu characters (I think as of my next rip I'll have every Hifuu character uploaded to here except that weird yellow haired Reisen) that weren't in my initial cache. Upon rerunning the story events I have a complete cache of almost character, it even got me Mystia who was missing from my cache before.

I'd love to hear what happens with getting the Japanese version running regardless, as I'd love to look into getting stuff from that in case global lasts shorter than Japan. Goodsmile is really causing feature and power creep that is causing the game to be downright unplayable even for me. With Lost Word being my soft introduction to Touhou (I'd had exposure before) I'd like to get as much of it archived as possible.

Best of luck!
-Kana
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files - by KanaKonpaku - 03-02-2023, 01:46 AM