Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[help plz] WarioWare Get It Together - Ripping In-Game 3D Models (and other stuff?)
(10-01-2021, 11:40 AM)Boxy Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 03:06 PM)Boxy Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 01:19 PM)Dark 9-Volt Wrote: Yeah, i would use your dae as a reference, because really idk how to use Blender for all that stuff. (I did rotate some parts to -90 degrees right now.)  Wink

I'm looking right now at the color/texture stuff, i tried changing the base color of the helmet and there's no effect or how do you use an image as a texture?
https://imgur.com/a/8FL840V

It looks like you're in default shading mode. In the top right corner of the viewport, click the ball icon one to the right of what's currently highlighted. That should enable textured view. (You can try clicking the other ones too, one is wireframe view, one is render view, etc.)

With textured view on, now any textures you have applied will show up. Also pretty much any time you need to apply a texture, just make sure 'use nodes' is on, then right below that click on the dot next to Surface and select Principled BSDF. Then right under that, click on the Base Color dot and there should be an option to select 'Image', which then lets you click on a folder icon to load any image you want.

That should get you started hopefully. There's a whole other workflow for UV editing, and shader node editing, which you need to edit to apply the eye, mouth, and visor textures correctly (those require alpha transparency). I'll send over what I did (by no means perfect/complete) tonight.

Here's a zip attachment with my folder. If it doesn't attach correctly let me know, I can always share a link if it didn't work. Basically it's your original folder with my files added.

The blend file is the one you want to look at, since it has all the nodes set up. You can look at how I set up the transparency settings for certain textures.

Any more success so far on your end?

The dae is t-posed but the textures probably won't all show up. If you need a better dae, let me know and I can tinker a bit more to get that to export better. But I think the blend file will be your go-to.

I didn't apply textures/transparency to the side mouth, side eye, side visor, or visor outline. I wasn't exactly sure what the end result is supposed to look like. I'd have to see more of the game or more characters to get a better idea of what it's supposed to look like.

Any questions just let me know.

I saw your .dae file already, it looks very complete (it would be worth it if you get to upload it.) apart of mine's which it has some issues left (coloring the arms, adding the eyes textures.) , my idea was to change my model using his original design colors. (Red on the shoes.)

This is how i managed to at least put some colors to my model, here's a download link for my .dae file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oq3VBxx...sp=sharing
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [help plz] WarioWare Get It Together - Ripping In-Game 3D Models (and other stuff?) - by Dark 9-Volt - 10-01-2021, 09:48 PM