Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Smash Ultimate Cookbook
For anyone who is curious, the cookbook is finished and was a great success! Here are the recipes I ended up going with.

-Samus: Falafel
-Zero Suit Samus: Toum

Metroid Dread gave the Chozo a bit of an Egyptian feel, so I went with some Egyptian dishes that went well together for Samus' two forms.

-Squirtle: Caramel Turtles

This one is admittedly a bit of a stretch, but since I couldn't think of anything more relevant I went with caramel turtles (or Squirtles in this case) for our amphibious friend.

-Ivysaur: Chestnut Stir-fry

I'm actually pretty proud of this one. If you ever played Hey You Pikachu! you may remember that there was a picnic game where you and Pikachu gathered ingredients to make various dishes. One of the dish types happened to be stir-fry. Now you may be wondering what, if anything this has to do with Ivysaur. See, Pikachu just gathered the ingredients, the cook happened to be a Bulbasaur. A tenuous connection to be sure, but I thought it was fun!

-Alph: Fruit Juice

If you, like me, haven't played Pikmin 3 you may be unaware that the entire premise of the game is that the characters are gathering fruit for sustenance. They turn this fruit into juice before consumption. This was a pretty easy choice once I did some research.

-R.O.B.: Flapjacks

Another stretch, but I went with flapjacks for R.O.B. since one of his games is Stack-Up. I figure you can use different flavors of jam on each flapjack before stacking them just like the different colored Stack-Up pieces!
Robots don't eat things okay?

-Robin: Liver-and-Eel Pie

So I was going to do a bolognese for Robin, since bolognese sounds kind of like bolganone (a huge stretch to be sure), but when I was looking over some dialogue for my recipe helper I was reminded of Robin's actual favorite food, Liver-and-Eel Pie. For any squeamish folk out there, eel is actually an optional ingredient and isn't usually used anymore. The history of this dish is actually pretty interesting but I'll leave it out for brevity.

-Ridley: Oyakodon

Oyakodon is a chicken and egg dish that literally means “parent-and-child rice bowl”. I figured that since the only thing we know for sure that Ridley eats is parents this was a good choice.

-Piranha Plant: Dirt Cup

To be clear, this is the crushed up oreos, chocolate pudding, and gummy worm thing, not actual dirt. I was going to have this for Zero Suit Samus initially (because she was raised by birds) but when I went down the Egyptian route for Samus this felt a bit off theme. Fortunately it also works really well for the Piranha Plant!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Smash Ultimate Cookbook - by Spriter Theo - 09-01-2021, 11:00 PM
RE: Smash Ultimate Cookbook - by Spriter Theo - 01-10-2022, 05:37 PM
RE: Smash Ultimate Cookbook - by Dominash - 02-08-2024, 10:04 AM
RE: Smash Ultimate Cookbook - by Spriter Theo - 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM