Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Smash Ultimate Cookbook
Greetings Friends!

So like the title of this thread suggests, I'm working on a cookbook for my cousin themed around Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Essentially I'm gunning for a recipe per character. I've got recipes (or at least an idea for a recipe) for almost every character, but there are a few characters that have me stumped.

Those characters are:
-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Alph
-R.O.B
-Robin
-Ridley
-Piranha Plant

Any suggestions will be much appreciated! That said, I do have somewhat of a criteria list for what gets in. If you do have any suggestions, please also let me know the logic behind your suggestion.

My criteria list is as follows (this order indicates priority):

1.) The food is the character's canonical favorite food.
-This criteria is pretty self explanatory. If the character has a favorite meal, that gets top priority. For example, in the Mother series the player puts in the main character's favorite food, so I'm using the first default answer as the canon favorite food for Ness and Lucas. Sonic straight up has a chili dog recipe, so that's an obvious choice as well.

2.) There is an in universe food that appears in the character's home game:
-A little bit more esoteric, but a lot of games do have food in them. If it's something the character would realistically eat, I'll count it. The more thematically relevant the better! Most of the Pokemon are getting this treatment honestly (Lava Cookie for Charizard, Rare Candy for Mewtwo, Malasadas for Incineroar, etc.). Something like the "pot roast" from Castelvania works as well.

3.) The food is culturally related to the character.
-This criteria is a bit more up in the air, but it's also my favorite! If there is an obvious real world inspiration on a character I'm down to check out recipes from that corner of the world. For example, Sarasaland's first kingdom is based off of Egypt so Daisy gets an Egyptian desert. The Castlevania series takes place in Transylvania, so Richter gets something Translyvanian. Wolf's surname is Irish, so he gets something from Ireland.

4.) Failing all else, if you have a somewhat logical explanation for why the food matches the character I'll consider it.
-Not sure what else to say for this requirement, it is a last ditch effort. Some examples I've already used are Bowser Jr. gets chocolate vanilla pudding because some of the goop in Super Mario Sunshine looked like pudding to me, and Chrom gets Shepard Pie because he is in charge of the Shepards.

And there you have it! Like I said, any recommendations would be much appreciated! If you are curious what your favorite characters' recipes are, I'll be more than happy to tell you! You can also check out my attempts of cooking food on Twitter if you are so inclined.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Smash Ultimate Cookbook - by Spriter Theo - 09-01-2021, 11:00 PM
RE: Smash Ultimate Cookbook - by Spriter Theo - 01-10-2022, 05:37 PM
RE: Smash Ultimate Cookbook - by Dominash - 02-08-2024, 10:04 AM
RE: Smash Ultimate Cookbook - by Spriter Theo - 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM