Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's your childhood console/games?
My childhood consoles and games with the cut off point being late 2000 (when I got my Dreamcast):

Mega Drive:
Sonic 1 & 2
Revenge of Shinobi
Super Monaco GP
Streets of Rage
Castle of Illusion
Desert Strike
Taz in Escape from Mars
Micro Machines 96

Also played PGA Tour Golf 2 and "Sega Soccer" back in the day, the latter was on a multicart. Had ExoSquad, Sonic 3 & Knuckles but didn't enjoy them very much.

Game Boy:
Super Mario Land 1 & 2
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC)
Donkey Kong Country (GBC)

Despite that I played a lot of Pokemon Blue and Pinball, literally went off the Pokemon series on the tail end of my childhood due to a bad experience. Also had LEGO Stunt Rally but didn't play that one very much, probably only once or twice and the same for Pokemon Yellow.

Game Gear:
Mortal Kombat II (or FIGHT as I called it back then)
Sonic Triple Trouble

Those two were on a bootleg multicart that also had some SG-1000 and early Master System games, the box also had Star Wars and Out Run Europa, neither were on the cart. Out of the SG-1000 games, played Monaco GP the most. Also had Bart vs the Space Mutants and Sonic 2, neither that I enjoyed.

PlayStation:
Crash Bandicoot 2
Gran Turismo 1 and 2
Bugs Bunny Lost in Time
Rage Racer
Ridge Racer Type 4 (just about qualifies)
Micro Machines V3
Soviet Strike
Theme Hospital
Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit
Grand Theft Auto
GTA London
Soul Blade
Tekken 3
Street Fighter Collection
Metal Gear Solid + VR Missions
Driver

Also had a bunch of demo discs that did help. Remembering renting games for the PS1 but all I can seem to remember is Crash 3 and briefly Ape Escape. Had Resident Evil but couldn't get into the game at all and to this day, only enjoyed Resident Evil 4, the Umbrella Chronicles and the two Revelations games out of the whole RE series. While I did have Bugs Bunny and Taz: Time Busters, only played that once or twice.

Nintendo 64:
Super Mario 64
GoldenEye
Banjo Kazooie
Cruis'n USA
F1 World Grand Prix
LEGO Racers
Super Smash Bros.
Pokemon Stadium (only playing the main game once or twice, the emulation mode a few more but we know what happened next...)
Perfect Dark (just about qualifies)

Due to the price of the cartridges, couldn't get many and had to wait an extra six years until becoming an adult to get them (my first purchases as an adult were F-Zero X, Body Harvest and F1 World Grand Prix 2). Also had Donkey Kong 64 but didn't really enjoy that. Strangely enough, out of all the consoles above this is the only one that I still have. Just without Pokemon Stadium and possibly LEGO Racers.
Thanked by: Alefy San

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's your childhood console/games? - by Yawackhary - 12-11-2021, 02:44 PM