Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[TUTORIAL] Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy
(05-08-2021, 08:45 AM)Supergamingfan1 Wrote: Nice, I've been interested in ripping from the RaC games for a while now so this is a pretty good reference to start with for the original trilogy (at least, on ps3). And just saying, about ripping the skins (armor*.ps3), I've recently managed to rip the models with rigging mostly intact, the only real issue seems to be the armature...

Specifically I've managed to correctly get vertices, vertex normals (although still with the backface issue), uv coordinates, bone indices, and bone weights, but the files don't seem to contain any skeleton data from what I've found. (fun fact about the bone weights, they're stored as single bytes for some reason. if it's 0xFF, it's 1.0, else it's the number divided by 256)

For now I've posted the current version of the scripts on my github (https://github.com/thatrandomlurker-diva...-PS3-Tools), but they're currently a heavy wip and don't work for every file. it should handle most armors at least semi correctly from both rac2 and rac3 though.

[Image: uc?export=download&id=1VSKYbIbOgpbrvKf-K3Zy1lbbrdclUcou]

Oh that's cool! I know Replanetizer can technically rip with rigging (or at least the skeletons) but that uses the IQE model format, which is barely functional and wholly inferior to collada, which is yet to be implemented. It's awesome that we can get the singleplayer skins now at least. Unfortunately, I tried to use your scripts and none of them seem to install into Blender properly (2.79 and 2.9). Attempting to run the ArmorRipper script gives a syntax error on line 40: m.write(f"newmtl tex{Info['TextureIndex']}\nKa 1.0 1.0 1.0\nKd 1.0 1.0 1.0\nmap_Kd " + file.split('.')[0] + f"_{Info['TextureIndex']}.dds\n").

Are you on the Ratchet and Clank modding discord (aka Game F**kery Inc)? If not, I'm sure they'd greatly enjoy your coding skills and insight there.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TUTORIAL] Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy - by Nooga - 05-10-2021, 04:31 AM