Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Requesting a discussion about submission policy
(03-29-2021, 11:13 AM)Petie Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 12:45 AM)jmanghan Wrote: I have a model that I'd like uploaded, but it isn't mine, and the original uploader (who has posted here) has said they don't want to and have no intention of uploading the model. I guess it'll just rot on my hard drive then, lol.

This is literally the reason these policies exist though. The person who did the work has explicitly said they don't want to upload it here so even if we allowed submissions on behalf of others, you wouldn't have permission to do it anyway. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here is (I'm assuming you're referring to your previous post but it doesn't seem like they have said they want you to upload it - they said they don't want it uploaded at all).

You're also ignoring the fact that the approval process is already complex and time-consuming, especially for models. Having to factor in actually verifying these claims, which would almost always certainly be false anyway, would be way too much to ask from a volunteer staff who already has too much on their plates.

They've told me they wouldn't mind me uploading it. They want someone else to do it because they just genuinely don't wanna upload it/don't feel like it, sorry if I wasn't clear enough before. I wouldn't be making such a fuss out of it if I wasn't in the literal situation described.

"which would almost always be false anyway", but this seems to be one of the only websites that has that mindset, I can't think of any other website that has a rule in place like that, and yes I do understand why it's in place, but all due respect, I think you heavily over-exaggerate how often false uploads would be done, and to be honest I think it'd be rather easy to figure out? People uploading stolen models aren't usually gonna be some criminal masterminds, covering their tracks so heavily that it'll be impossible to figure out.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying I really honestly don't think there would be that many false uploads, in my experience on other websites, where we host models all the time, very rarely is stuff stolen, in fact we encourage sharing and uploading of each other's models so it gets out to more people rather then worrying about if said model was stolen or not.

Again, not trying to be rude, not trying to come off as pretentious or antagonistic, just speaking from experience.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Requesting a discussion about submission policy - by jmanghan - 04-01-2021, 09:32 AM