Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mega Man X is Ready to Rock! 100% Guide (w/Achievements) for the series!
Alright, time for our first two Maverick bosses, as well as our first time seeing Dr. Doppler in the flesh!

[Image: X3_Carddass_BlizzardBuffalo.jpg]

Mega Man X3 (SNES) 100% Walkthrough, Part 2: Tunnel Rhino & Blizzard Buffalo

Time stamps are at the bottom.

WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS EPISODE:
Here we enter Tunnel Rhino's stage, and note just how much more durable and deadly the enemies are, compared to X1-2. We snag a Sub-Tank, see our first "Bit & Byte room", and take on the mini-boss called the Hell Crusher. We defeat it with the same strategy I used in my All Achievements speedrun. Then we switch to Zero and show off just how awkward his charge shots and Z Saber are to use, and then talk about his greatest weakness: The fact he's permanently locked off if he dies even once... At least, if you don't know how to use the exploit I showed off at 7:55.

From there we defeat the Hell Crusher again, this time using a more conventional strategy, and proceed through the same area Zero died in — this way I show just how much easier X is to handle. Then we defeat Tunnel Rhino twice — one time with us having died once, and the other time with us not having died at all. The reason for that is because of a glitch: If you reach him without dying, his AI is bugged out of using one of his attacks.

After that is Blizzard Buffalo. We use the Tornado Fang to collect a Heart Tank, show off two ways of making the Dash Jump to the Leg Parts, and show the very inconveniently placed respawn points waiting below if you fail the jump. From there we backtrack to the Sub Tank we passed up, using our new upwards Air Dash to snag it. Then we defeat Buffalo twice. The first time, I use my knowledge of his AI to trivialize him completely, and the second time, I show how it's *supposed* to go.

Finally, we see a cutscene with Dr. Doppler, who is very heavily implied to be serving Sigma. We also get introduced to this game's equivalent of the X-Hunters: Bit, Byte, & a newly revived Vile. Then we finish things by listening to some awesome outro music, courtesy of Dracula9AntiChapel!

ENEMIES:

Tunnel Rhino:
[Image: X3%20Ganseki%20Carrier%20(small).png] Ganseki Carriers: 12 HP. Weak to Gravity Well & Parasitic Bomb.
[Image: X3%20Iwan%20De%20Voux%20(small).png] Iwan De Vouxs: 9 HP for shell; 10 for core. Full Charges hit both shell & core.

[Image: X3%20Drill%20Waying%20(small).png] Drill Wayings: 15 HP. Never drops health or ammo.
[Image: X3%20Drimole-W%20(small).png] Drimole-Ws: 18 HP. Drills block all attacks.

[Image: X3%20Wall%20Cancer%20(small).png] Wall Cancers: 12 HP. Weak to Gravity Well & Parasitic Bomb

Bilzzard Buffalo:
[Image: X3%20Helit%20(small).png] Helits: 5 HP. Weak to Gravity Well & Parasitic Bomb.
[Image: X3%20Notor%20Banger%20(small).png] Notor Bangers: 9 HP. Weak to Gravity Well & Parasitic Bomb.
[Image: X3%20Ice%20De%20Voux%20(small).png] Ice De Vouxs: 9 HP for shell; 10 for core. Full Charges hit both shell & core.
[Image: X3%20Snow%20Rider%20(small).png] Snow Riders: 9 HP.
[Image: X3%20Snow%20Slider%20(small).png] Snow Sliders: 9 HP. Spawns a Snow Rider when slain.

MINI-BOSS:
[Image: X3%20Hell%20Crusher%20(small).png]

Hell Crusher:
HP: 32
Damage: 2 (Contact), 3 (Claw)
Invincibility Frames: None
Other Info: Rams you if you're on the ground. Uses claw if you're in the air.

BOSSES:
[Image: X3%20Tunnel%20Rhino%20(small).png]

Tunnel Rhino:
Damage: 3 (Contact), 4 (Drills), 5 (Invincible Dash)
Invincibility Frames: ~0.97 seconds' worth
Other Info: Only does Invincible Dash at 11 HP or less. Never uses Drills if you reach him without dying.

[Image: X3%20Blizzard%20Buffalo%20(small).png]
Bilzzard Buffalo:
Damage: 0 (Ice Beam), 3 (Icicles), 5 (Ramming), 5 (Contact)
Invincibility Frames: ~0.97 seconds' worth
Other Info: AI is reactive and exploitable. Only does Ice Beam at 15 HP or less. Icicles have 6 HP.

TIMESTAMPS:
00:00 Tunnel Rhino Cutscene
00:28 Tunnel Rhino Stage (Part 1)
02:00 Hell Crusher Mini-boss (Speedrun Strat)
02:26 Why Zero Stinks
03:58 Hell Crusher Mini-boss (Normal Strat)
04Cute5 Tunnel Rhino Stage (Part 2)
05:17 Boss Fight (With Normal AI)
06Cute8 Boss Fight (With Bugged AI)
07:55 How to Revive Zero
08:51 Blizzard Buffalo Cutscene
09:20 Blizzard Buffalo Stage
13Cute2 Boss Fight (Speedrun Strat)
14:19 Boss Fight (The way it was intended)
16:00 Dr. Doppler Cutscene
17:52 Outro
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mega Man X is Ready to Rock! 100% Guide (w/Achievements) for the series! - by Fionordequester - 03-30-2023, 08:15 PM