Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mega Man X is Ready to Rock! 100% Guide (w/Achievements) for the series!
Someone on GameFAQs argued that OG Violen was harder than Neo Violen.  So, since the pop filter isn't here yet, and I don't have a mic I want to do anything better with...I decided to upload a video response to that—12 fights in a row with vanilla Violen.

[Image: MMX2.png]

Bonus #2: Mega Man X2 (100% Guide)—Why OG Violen is Easier than Neo Violen (No Upgrades, No Deaths)

ORIGINAL SONG: "Cunning Enemy" (the Ashtar/Jaquio fight from Ninja Gaiden II [NES])
REMIX BY: Mother Brain
YOUTUBE VIDEO OF SAID REMIX (5:16): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch__JtuvgmM
FACEBOOK LINK: https://www.facebook.com/motherbrainmetal

NOTE:
Watch at 720p for better frame rate!  Otherwise, you'll miss some flickering and transparency effects!

WHY NO INPUT DISPLAY?
Playing on SNES9X was the only way I could mute the sound channels, and unfortunately, its Input Display doesn't show up when recording AVI.  Stuff like that is why I usually use Bizhawk.

Violen stats:
Damage: 2 (Finger Guns), 3 (contact), 5 (Mace Tail)
Invincibility Frames: ~0.97 seconds' worth (Giga Crush=2 Damage)

Violen A.I.:
1) Leans head back=Forward swing. Looks to the side=Overhead swing.

GENERAL STRATEGY:
1) Stay in the upper corners as much as you can to dodge the vast majority of attacks

2) Dash Jump to the other wall once Violen's passed into your side of the room.

3) Use his body (3 DMG) to damage boost past his mace (5 DMG) when needed.

4) Use Dash Shots as much as possible—Violen takes 2 DMG from those, unlike Neo Violen.

TL;DR ON WHY I BELIEVE OG VIOLEN IS EASIER:
1) He does the bullet spam FAR more often than Neo Violen—I fought both versions several dozen times while making each video, so I don't think it's just personal experience. At the very least, he never seems to do the "standing" version of it as Neo Violen (I suspect it outright replaces the "change platforms" move, as OG Violen).

2) His mace only does 5 DMG. It's a 4HKO, not a 3HKO. That's one of the big reasons why I won some of the fights in that video, rather than losing a few, like I did against Neo Violen did.

3) There are significantly less variables to track, now that the platforms are gone. Not nearly as much clutter on the screen, nor objects shifting around every few seconds, nor as many surfaces for the mace to bounce off.

4) The mace itself often takes longer to get to you, since it has to zig-zag across a big, empty room.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mega Man X is Ready to Rock! 100% Guide (w/Achievements) for the series! - by Fionordequester - 05-28-2021, 08:42 PM