Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mega Man X is Ready to Rock! 100% Guide (w/Achievements) for the series!
Hello everyone! Ready to slay ALL the X-Hunters once and for all?! Inside the North Pole, no less? Then come! Meet us for Round 2! X vs. the X-Hunters!

[Image: MMX2.png]

Part 5: Mega Man X2 (100% Guide)—X-Hunters, Round 2 (Fortress Stages—All Trophies)

CORRECTION ON THE SHORYUKEN:
I misspoke on the 1st input method. It's "Forward, Down, Forward", not "Down, Down, Forward".

SIDE-BY-SIDE COMPARISON OF ALL X-HUNTER DIALOGUE:
I figured this'd help give a clearer picture of what I was talking about. Hope you enjoy!

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=158790

ABOUT THE FRAME RATE:
You must set Youtube to 720p for it to display the SNES' full frame rate. Otherwise, some effects won't render properly.

SHORYUKEN INPUTS (1 DMG on contact, then 8 DMG every 2 frames):
1) Forward + Down + Forward + Shoot (easier method—Forward Shoryuken)
2) 180 spin forward, down, then backward on your D-pad (harder method—Backward Shoryuken)

ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR:
1) "Size Matters Not"—Beat the opening stage without taking damage.
2) "Take Your Time"—Let Morph Moth transform without hitting him.
3) "Dodge This!"—Kill 1 of 8 starting Mavericks with Giga Crush.
4) "Friendly Neighborhood Mega Man"—Charged Junk Shot to get items in 1 of 3 secret areas (located in Bubble Crab, Overdrive Ostrich, & Crystal Snail)
5) "Covert Ops"—Dodge all the spotlights AND beat up Magna Centipede *on the same visit*!
—Yes: That means it's unobtainable once you destroy him.
6) "Second Armor"—Complete the armor!
7) "Attack Me if You Dare"—Collect the Shoryuken!
8) "Half the Sponge He Used to Be"—Kill Sponge with an *uncharged* Sonic Slicer!
—The charge version will *not* trigger his unique death animation!

CRYSTAL SNAIL QUICK KILL EXPLAINEVery Sad
Holding the Shoot button RIGHT as his health fills makes the buster shot automatic—it will fire on the very first frame it can, even though you started holding the button beforehand. It will also start a charge, as well.

Hence, Snail gets stunned, and you Dash, Pause while doing so, hover the cursor over Magnet Mine, and buffer the Mine shot by releasing the Shoot button (X was charging as you went into Pause).

This stuns him for longer, and lets you get that Shoryuken off. For some reason, that destroys his shell, so he'll just hop onto where it's supposed to be, again and again.

BOSSES:
Neo Violen stats:
HP: 32 (Weak to Bubble Splash—Immune to all other Maverick weapons)
Damage: 2 (Scatter Shot), 3 (contact), 6 (Macetail)
Invincibility Frames: ~0.97 seconds' worth (Giga Crush=2 Damage)

Neo Violen A.I.:
1) Spawns three sets of platforms in a fixed pattern, and loops back to the start at the end.
2) Leans head back=Forward swing. Looks to the side=Overhead swing.

Serges Tank stats:
HP: 32 (The cannons are weak to the industrial weapons—Serges himself is weak to Sonic Slicer)
Damage: 3 (All Projectiles), 4 (contact)

Serges Tank A.I.:
1) Phase 1 will advance forward after each cannon you destroy.
2) Phase 2 will always stop on the opposite side of the screen. If you're up, Serges goes down. If you go down, Serges goes up (this is why the platform trick works so well for dodging his attacks)!

Neo Agile stats:
HP: 32 (Weak to Magnet Mine—Immune to all other Maverick weapons)
Damage: 2 (Electro Orbs), 4 contact), 4 (Spikes), 6 (Missiles)

Neo Agile A.I.:
1) EDIT: You can sometimes stand in the black gaps, but only if the platforms fall in a certain way before the camera scrolls up.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mega Man X is Ready to Rock! 100% Guide (w/Achievements) for the series! - by Fionordequester - 05-18-2021, 05:32 PM