Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
General metadata and filename extraction
Hey guys. I've been working on several different ripping projects over the past month or so, and I keep running into the same problem: no filenames or metadata for the sound files once I get them into a vgmstream-compatible format.

Like, it's great to have 7,000 audio files to listen to, but I'll never be able to upload them to the Sounds Resource unless I find out what they all are and sort them. I have manually renamed some files in the past, but that is... exhausting, to say the least. Takes up a lot of time. Currently I'm in this situation with the files from One-Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows; I ripped all the .hca files from their .cpk files, but their names are just incomprehensible symbols.

So are there any general rules of thumb or tips for finding the filenames of audio files? (Besides hex editing?). Or is there a tutorial someone could point me towards? I'm still fairly new to sound ripping so I thought I'd check here for tricks that I may not be aware of yet.
Here are links to my stuff:
Thanked by: TheVG Harvester

Messages In This Thread
General metadata and filename extraction - by Unknowni123 - 02-06-2021, 05:06 PM