Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Working on Metroid: Other M
DAY 4. Dawn of the Final Day.

So yeah, I cracked in and got all the sounds I could. Whipped up a quick program in python to help delete the "SNDPAK" headers in hex and rename the files to ".BRSAR" en masse, then foobar converted the ones I needed. Now I've got hundreds of sounds. Success! And not only that, but it gave me a lot of insights into how similarly Samus Returns on 3DS stores its files... you may see me uploading more Metroid sounds shortly lol.

Unfortunately, it seems that only Phantoon and the Queen Metroid's voice clips are all missing. The disguised .BRSARs numbered 4240 to 4654 are missing about six numbers (there are no files called 4322, 4326, 4329, 4331, 4334, or 4337), so they could be what's missing - however, they're also surrounded by the sounds used for Samus' powerups, so that would be pretty unorganized if true. Maybe Dolphin extracted the .iso wrong, or my game's .iso is buggy. Not sure. Gonna have to look into this some more, but for now I'm gonna upload what I have. Will update one more time if I find the missing files.

UPDATE: Turns out I'm stupid, I just skipped some files LOL. I got so caught up in finally finding the Ridley sound effects I skipped Phantoon, Queen Metroid, AND the RB Ferrocrusher robot thing. Totally forgot about that last one. All good here!

No one even replied to this thread lol, but maybe it'll help someone else's Other M ripping exploits in the future.
Here are links to my stuff:
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Working on Metroid: Other M - by Unknowni123 - 01-09-2021, 12:57 AM
RE: Working on Metroid: Other M - by Unknowni123 - 01-10-2021, 01:28 AM
RE: Working on Metroid: Other M - by Unknowni123 - 01-11-2021, 06:09 PM
RE: Working on Metroid: Other M - by Unknowni123 - 01-12-2021, 04:22 PM
RE: Working on Metroid: Other M - by AJD-262 - 01-12-2021, 06:40 PM