Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Working on Metroid: Other M
Hi guys.

So a couple of years ago I found this amazing collection of every single in-game sound effect in Metroid: Other M. Unfortunately, I lost it. I have no recollection of where I found it in the first place either, so it's just gone. I do have a couple of files leftover though, just a few enemy screeches. (If anyone knows where that collection was from, please let me know!)

Because I wasn't able to find this .zip collection again, and the Sounds Resource only has the cutscene audio and dialogue, not in-game sound effects, I've taken matters into my own hands. However, ripping from it is much more difficult than I expected. The "sound" folder only contains the aforementioned cutscenes and dialogue that's already on the Sounds Resource, in .aix format. I've already tried opening the .aixs to see if they contain multipl clips, but they seem like they're just single clips. I don't see any BRSARs, and the only str file is 40 B large. A couple U8s, but they're mostly models and textures. The rest of the possible locations are in extentionless, numbered files (the absolute WORST ugh).

Does anyone have any knowledge of programs I could use for this? Any games with similar makeups? Or has anyone already made progress with Other M? I KNOW it's possible because I once had it all, and that's the worst part lol.

As a bonus, I've included the few sound effects I retained from the old collection. I'm not crazy, it did exist!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii5w2c4soiqas7...s.zip?dl=0
Here are links to my stuff:
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Working on Metroid: Other M - by Unknowni123 - 01-09-2021, 12:57 AM
RE: Working on Metroid: Other M - by Unknowni123 - 01-10-2021, 01:28 AM
RE: Working on Metroid: Other M - by Unknowni123 - 01-11-2021, 06:09 PM
RE: Working on Metroid: Other M - by Unknowni123 - 01-12-2021, 04:22 PM
RE: Working on Metroid: Other M - by AJD-262 - 01-12-2021, 06:40 PM