Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
N64 Nemu plugin modeling help?
I'll update this thread with what ended up working for me so that anyone else trying to rip models from similarly messed-up games has at least one method for managing it. So I learned about editing UV maps and tried remapping the gray faces' UVs to great success. It's time-consuming, but it works. Texture flickering from multiple overlapping faces can also be reduced by using Limited Dissolve.

(Filling the holes with UV map textures. This area is messy and still needs Limited Dissolve)

(These trees have had Limited Dissolve used on them and their UV maps fixed, reducing the overlap effect)

As for culling, in Wave Race it seems to only cull objects separate from the main map, like the buoys and L/R arrows. The triangle effect also happens actively in game if you play with the Nemu plugin or emulator. The missing triangles occur consistently on the map, even when the player is right next to the object in question, and even for polygons that are used for UI like the "POWER UP" message.

This is another amateur question, but... Does the Models Resource have a standard for how much "editing" needs to be done in order for the model to be 'accurate'? Having done all of this, the map looks nearly the same, even if faces have been simplified, and some areas have handiworked UV mapping. I think the only thing preventing me from uploading everything is that I'd need to combine multiple screenshots to get all the buoys and L/R arrow markers.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by Catstorm - 12-21-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by AJD-262 - 12-21-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by Catstorm - 12-26-2020, 04:18 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by AJD-262 - 12-26-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by Fengo - 12-28-2020, 03:20 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by Rayved - 08-31-2021, 11:37 AM