Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Setting Up Facial Textures in Blender
(03-31-2021, 11:21 AM)MattDFM Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 12:42 AM)Penguinburger1 Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 07:29 PM)MattDFM Wrote: Hi, I can't seem to match you eye texture. The whites of the eyes seem too dark and the skin color doesn't seem to match the body color, no matter what settings I use. I think it has to do with the mix layer, but I'm not sure.

Hi, a couple questions:

1) Are you using Eevee or Cycles?
2) Is your eyes color texture map set to sRGB or Non-Color?

Play around with those and let me know what you get.

This is in Eevee, and apparently waking up this morning fixed the tone matching. The eyes still look too dark, and my end goal is baking the texture for Unity so it'll be hard to fix the eyes if I can't do it with the shader nodes. I made sure every node matches yours.

Color texture is set to sRGB and mix is set to non-color. (Note: Your node workflow does not work in Cycles, as the eyes just become black with pixel artifacting around the pupils.)

[Image: dvnw7TB.png]

It works in Cycles if you switch the eye texture color space from sRGB to Non-Color. For some reason Cycles doesn't like the color values, not sure why.

I'm not entirely sure how to fix your problem other than adding another MixRGB node after the eye white color to brighten the eye white.

Do share your progress!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Setting Up Facial Textures in Blender - by Penguinburger1 - 03-31-2021, 09:36 PM