Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Walkthrough the Fire & Flames, with Breath of Fire II (Retranslation)!
PARTY CHAT (Mist Valley is blocked!):

[Image: 29-Bosch.PNG] Bosch: Do you know how to get to Heaven Tower from here?

[Image: 32-Rand.PNG] Rand: South of Mist Valley is some hick town full of hick people. One of them finally got sick of the place and left. Dunno what happened after that.

[Image: 44-Sten.PNG] Sten: Once we pass through Mist Valley, we'll find ourselves in Farma... Isn't that where Master Rand hails from?

Quote:Reminder that Ryusui was translating Party Chat without context. It's hard to tell if Rand was trying to hide something or not.

[Image: 35-Katt.PNG] Lin: Funny... Ever notice how Rand's teeth start chattering around Mist Valley?

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina: If I didn't know better, I'd say that the fog around Mist Valley is the product of some very strong magic...

[Image: 41-Tapeta.PNG] Tapeta: Fog fog fog fog fooooooog... What do you think? I call it "Theme of Mist Valley". The lyrics require some work, but is it not an enchanting melody?

[Image: 8-Spar.PNG] Aspara: I have never traveled south of the Sea of Green before. I am quite interested in seeing what lies in that direction...

[Image: 37-Deis.png] Deis (in the lobby): I'm sick of sitting around and thinking. Let's get a move on!

PARTY CHAT (Rand's mother bosses us around!):

[Image: 29-Bosch.PNG] Bosch: I wish my own mother were like that...

Quote:The old translation put it as "I wish I had a mother like that"... It might actually be the more accurate translation, considering Bosch's status as an orphan.

[Image: 32-Rand.PNG] Rand (in the lobby): Damn, this sucks!

[Image: 32-Rand.PNG] Rand (in his room): Damn that crazy old hag! I wish the angels would hurry up and cart her off...but then again, they probably wouldn't wanna put up with her! ...Oh crap, did I say all that out loud?

Quote:I uh... Hope he didn't remember saying that after she got kidnapped...

[Image: 35-Katt.PNG] Lin (in the lobby): How could a big guy like Rand be so scared of a little old lady like his mother? Who would ever peg him for such a big sissy?

[Image: 35-Katt.PNG] Lin (in her room): Your mother died when you were just a child, right, Ryu? I wonder what she was like... She wasn't like Daisy, was she?

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina: Rand may chafe at being called 'idiot boy' by his own mother...but from her, it's almost a term of endearment. In some ways, I'm a bit jealous...

Quote:I guess being exiled by your parents makes just about *anything* else look good Tongue

[Image: 44-Sten.PNG] Sten: Even if Master Rand became ten times as strong as he is now, he could never hope to compete against his own mother! Ohohohohoho!

[Image: 41-Tapeta.PNG] Tapeta: Such a remarkable woman Madame Daisy is! Who would imagine such an aged person could be so strong? She reminds me so much of Petape... They would no doubt make great rivals!

[Image: 8-Spar.PNG] Aspara: Grassmen don't have 'mothers' in the same way as other species. I was raised by the Elder Tree, so the closest thing I have to a mother would be Gandharve...

[Image: 37-Deis.png] Deis (in the lobby): Rand is just so adorable at times like this...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARTY CHAT (Daisy's kidnapped! How do we get wings?):

[Image: 29-Bosch.PNG] Bosch: If we could just get to the Cathedral, I'm sure we'd have all our questions answered...

[Image: 35-Katt.PNG] Lin: Nina looks a little distressed all of a sudden...like she's got something she wants to say, but can't. Maybe you should talk to her, Ryu?

[Image: 44-Sten.PNG] Sten: What a surprise. Master Rand seems genuinely mortified that his mother has been abducted...

[Image: 41-Tapeta.PNG] Tapeta: Monsieur Rand seems to be quite, how you say, flustered... You cannot tell? It is as plain as the nose on his face! No one can hide their true emotions from moi!

[Image: 8-Spar.PNG] Aspara: It does not seem logical that the absence of one person could cause such an emotional disturbance... However, when I myself ponder Daisy's fate, I cannot help but feel...sorrow? I never imagined I could experience such emotions...

[Image: 37-Deis.png] Deis (in the lobby): I have a plan! Let's make a whirlwind tour of all the Eva churches in the world and bust 'em up, one after another! ...What? Don't you think it's a good idea?

[Image: 32-Rand.PNG] Rand (in the lobby): So what now? The only way we can get to the Cathedral is if we sprout wings or something! Heh heh...now that's a funny thought!

[Image: 32-Rand.PNG] Rand (in his room): ...The power of the Great Bird remains in Wyndia. If we were to obtain it, we could reach the Cathedral easily.

Quote:Interesting character moment, here. Rand seems to know about the Great Bird ritual... But he seems hesitant to suggest it anywhere but in private. I wonder why that is?

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina: Ryu...I'd like to speak with you in my room. I'm not sure the others need to hear this yet...

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina: ...I know where to find the power of the Great Bird. It's possible I will be able to wield that power myself. With that power,I could carry you all to the Cathedral. However... ...I've made up my mind. I will obtain the power of the Great Bird. Take us to Wyndia, Ryu. I must speak with my father.

Quote:It's a good thing, for all our sakes, that Ryusui didn't translate this as "Big Bird".
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walkthrough the Fire & Flames, with Breath of Fire II (Retranslation)! - by Fionordequester - 04-02-2021, 02:35 AM