Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Walkthrough the Fire & Flames, with Breath of Fire II (Retranslation)!
Deis doesn't start having unique dialogue till around Farm Town, I believe, so she'll be missing for a bit.

PARTY CHAT (Sten—Wounded Warrior...):

[Image: 8-Spar.PNG] Aspara: Castles like the one in Highland were common in ancient times, advanced weapons of war.  They were called Flying Fortresses.

Quote:Aha!  So it WAS an intentional reference!

[Image: 29-Bosch.PNG] Bosch (in the lobby): Highland's ruler is a real 'warrior princess'...brave and beautiful, with a mind sharp as a razor blade!

[Image: 29-Bosch.PNG] Bosch (in his room): Who would've guessed that a goofball like Sten could ever have lived through hell like that?...

[Image: 32-Rand.PNG] Rand (in the lobby): Highland is a military state.  Every man and woman of age is enlisted in the army.

[Image: 32-Rand.PNG] Rand (in his room): Sten's such a big phony...though you can't hate him for it.

[Image: 35-Katt.PNG] Lin (in the lobby): So a flying castle was Highland's secret weapon...who would've thought?

[Image: 35-Katt.PNG] Lin (in her room): Sten's always putting the moves on Nina and me, but he doesn't say a thing about how he feels to the girl he really loves... I just don't get him.

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina (in the lobby): A machine that converts human emotion into energy...hmm.  Sounds familiar...

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina (in her room): Ryu...if you found yourself falling in love with someone outside your class, like Sten has...what would you do?  I have a feeling Sten would find his love returned if he were ever to confess it to the princess...

Quote:Hint, hint, Ryu.

[Image: 41-Tapeta.PNG] Tapeta (in the lobby): The castle, it is smashed all to pieces!  It will be tres difficult to repair it...

[Image: 41-Tapeta.PNG] Tapeta (in his room): Ah, I can imagine the most romantic scene between Sten and the princess!  "Je t'aime, madame... I want you to marry me!", he says.  "Yes, I will marry you!" she says, and they all live happily ever after!  Of course, knowing Sten, such a grand finale would remain merely the work of my imagination...

Quote:And now... The big one.

[Image: 44-Sten.PNG] Sten (in the lobby): Would you like to hear the story of why I never went back to Highland?  Well, here it goes.  Once upon a time, there was a man who hated his life as a soldier.  He went AWOL one day and never looked back... And that's all there is to it!  Ohohohoho!

[Image: 44-Sten.PNG] Sten (in his room): ...I suppose you'd like me to tell you about Gufheim, wouldn't you?  It's really not worth talking about... But I suppose I owe you the story.  The whole sordid affair was started by a bunch of self-obsessed upstarts who decided to go to war against each other.  In the name of their glory and honor, we were thrown into a slaughterhouse.  Our casualties were staggering.  There were no winners in Gufheim...only survivors, and even they were few and far between.  And all those people died just to satisfy the egoes of the wealthy and privileged... Those who think of war as just a game.  I've seen the true, ugly face of war...and I never want to find myself staring at it again.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walkthrough the Fire & Flames, with Breath of Fire II (Retranslation)! - by Fionordequester - 02-13-2021, 06:50 AM