Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Walkthrough the Fire & Flames, with Breath of Fire II (Retranslation)!
PARTY CHAT (Aspara is recruited!):

[Image: 29-Bosch.PNG] Bosch: I never know who I'm gonna run into traveling with you...that's the fun of it! Take that Aspara character for example. Sometimes I can't tell if it's a he or a she!

Quote:I think the proper pronoun in that case is "they/their"... right? As in, "I can't tell if they're a he or a she"?

[Image: 32-Rand.PNG] Rand: Aspara the Grassman... A real wild card, that one. He's got the perfect poker face...no telling what's going on in that head of his. Now, I don't think he's plotting against us or anything...but damn, does he ever laugh or cry or get pissed off or anything?

Quote:The game usually calls him "he", but it's not a for-sure thing. Even Ryusui doesn't know for sure. He just knows there's a perverted old man later on that gets confused as to his gender :mmmhmm: !

[Image: 35-Katt.PNG] Lin: Those bastards at the Battle Show were gonna use me the same way. It pisses me off just thinking about it! I could never just sit there and wait for someone to set me free like Aspara... I'd be kicking and screaming to the end!

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina (in the lobby): Talking to trees is a handy trick... Let's bring Aspara along and see what he can dig up!

Quote:This is a hint. The Elder Tree we're trying to find is NOT the only one around... There's several of them! Unfortunately, most of them aren't very helpful, so I don't usually visit them in the main walkthrough.

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina (in her room): Aspara's been asking us how we all got together for the first time... Come to think of it, I don't have a clue how or why it happened, but I'm happy it did!

Quote:Breath of Fire II in a nutshell.

[Image: 44-Sten.PNG] Sten: Ah, Melodia...the things I could tell you about that place! It is...it's so...er...um...there.

Quote:I think this is a joke on his character demo. He tried to do his "magic monkey thing", and absolutely no one gave a darn. That probably stung, even if there was a language barrier.

[Image: 41-Tapeta.PNG] Tapeta (in the lobby): Our leafy friend Aspara...his talents are quite invaluable, but it pains me to see a face that does not wear a smile... I know! I shall bring my razor-sharp wit and cunning wordplay to bear! Even the most determined frown cannot resist!

[Image: 8-Spar.PNG] Aspara (in the lobby): To gather in the same place allows us to communicate with minimal expenditure of resources. It is quite efficient.

[Image: 8-Spar.PNG] Aspara (in her room): I've never had a room of my own before...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARTY CHAT (Deis is recruited!):

[Image: 29-Bosch.PNG] Bosch: The legendary sorceress, Deis... I always thought somebody like that would be all fire and brimstone... She's always so sweet on Ryu, it's almost disturbing...

[Image: 32-Rand.PNG] Rand: So, the legends of Deis's magical prowess being matched only by her beauty are founded in fact after all... Of course, the legends also say she's over 10,000 years old...

Quote:I think the correct possessive case for names ending in "s" is...

s'

...not...

s's

"Deis' staff", not "Deis's staff"... Or are both technically correct?

[Image: 35-Katt.PNG] Lin: Men sure seem to love people with bounce to 'em like Deis does! You too, Ryu?

Quote:The text you see in the patch itself is "Most men would walk barefoot over hot coals and broken glass for a chest like mine. What about you, Ryu?"... But, that was a translation error. Ryusui didn't have context for a lot of Township party chat, so he thought Deis was speaking here.

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina (in the lobby): Deis said I was just a 'sprout' compared to her... I know I can never be as powerful as a legend like her... But she doesn't have to be so brutally honest...

[Image: 38-Nina.PNG] Nina (in her room): I'll continue to refine and improve my skills. Matching Deis spell-for-spell may be an impossible dream, but I'll still try! Even if she is the stronger magician, please be sure to bring me along from time to time!

Quote:Dang, even the game admits that Deis is basically Nina, but better. "Spells" are the least of Nina's problems, when you consider Deis' bulk, her speed, and her regeneration...

[Image: 44-Sten.PNG] Sten: The legendary serpent-lady Deis has a crush on you, Master?...That's it. I officially resign my position as this team's resident expert on the fairer sex!

[Image: 41-Tapeta.PNG] Tapeta: Oh, tres bien, tres bien! Never before have I seen such a heart-stopping example of womankind! Ooh! I feel my legs turning to pate every time I look at her!

Quote:Yep, he's~ got a type, alright. Nothing but "hot witches" for him!

[Image: 8-Spar.PNG] Aspara: So, the legendary sorceress Deis has allied herself with us... If memory serves, her longevity is matched only by the Elder Tree Gandharve...

[Image: 37-Deis.png] Deis (in the lobby): Boy, you sure know how to pick a flophouse! There's barely enough room for me and my radiant majesty! But hey, if it's your flophouse, I guess I can't complain, right? Ahahahahahahaha!

Quote:...Is she saying she's fat?

[Image: 37-Deis.png] Deis (in her room): [She's talking in her sleep. She seems to be quite enjoying herself.] Hee hee...oh, Ryu, you naughty boy...Zzz...zzz...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walkthrough the Fire & Flames, with Breath of Fire II (Retranslation)! - by Fionordequester - 01-27-2021, 10:27 AM