Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario World [Ripping All Levels]
Revised:
- Reznor: Added the cape spin sfx for the fireballs

@Smithy:
The snake block (Larry, Roy) is just a bunch of foreground tiles with sprites at their ends. While the sprites move, the foreground tiles abruptly disappear as soon as they're overlapped by the sprites. Of course it's rippable, I think.

I just thought about what to do with the really large sprite animations:

- Turn Block (Horizontal)
- Turn Block (Vertical)
- Block Bar
- Block Snake

Maybe an own sheet? Now that I have at least four of them, it would make more sense.

And by the way, this game is far from being finished. As I said, it's a bottomless pit.

What's really complete (IMO):
- Playable characters
- Enemies & Bosses
- Stages (except some outdated looking ones)
- Backgrounds
- Tilesets

And what could need an overhaul or a new rip:
- Yoshi: Assembled version, I already posted a code to make Mario invisible: 00E2D37E
- Animated Overworld Tiles: Grid, palettes, erasing duplicates, better layout
- Overworld Mario: Grid, palettes, separated versions (Mario, Yoshi, water)
- Overworld sprites: Switch Palace blocks, Castle/Fortress/Switch Palace sfx (after beating them), Cheep-Cheep sfx, palettes, vSNES grid
- Overworld tile animations: They're completely missing, from the Yoshi's Island clouds to the Vanilla Dome/Special World/Star World/Bowser's Valley sparkling, nothing is there.
- Japanese Font: As I said, I can't even check if everything is complete
- Overworld tileset: Chaotic, could use a better grid if possible (16x16) and point out what is used and what not. I also guess some custom tiles are on that (from the comments)? And of course, palettes.
- After Castle Cutscenes: Separating things like the BOMB sfx or the flame in Ludwig's scene, also palettes and some hidden stuff like the 2nd door.
- General sfx sheet: Not just tiles, but animations, grid and text for what is what would be nice.

Pretty sure this isn't all, you can rip this game forever.
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World [Ripping All Levels] - by Barack Obama - 12-28-2020, 09:55 AM