Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario World [Ripping All Levels]
Amazing Flyin' Hammer Brother - fine
Aquatic Enemies - Cheep Cheep in a bubble
The Big Boo - Palette fix for the beige one, the colour was wrongly encoded just like Magikoopa, I guess
Bowser - Sprite palette, fading mode7 palette
Chargin' Chucks - Confused Chucks' baseball seems to have a life of its own due to different frames when held and sometimes different positions, cape spin sfx needs 16x16 grid
Dinosaur Enemies - Rex squished sprite has to be separated
Fireball Enemies - Bowser's Flame vanishes sfx, cape repel sfx for the Fire Snake droppings
Fishin' Boo - Instead of Variant A & B, text like Normal and Turning might be better
Goomba & Bob-Omb - fine
Iggy & Larry - fine
Koopas & Masked Koopas - Checking out if Blue Masked Para-Troopa is used in Vanilla Secret 1, the other hints from EvilMariobot are not correct
Lakitu & Spiny - The fishing rod has issues, as far as I remember
Lemmy & Wendy - fine
Magikoopa - maybe a darker bg
Mechakoopa - fine
Morton, Ludwig & Roy - Morton & Roy (assembled tiles) are in the wrong row (switched)
Object Enemies & Hazards - maybe a few more grid boxes
Plant Enemies - grid boxes would be cool, also fireballs & cape repel sfx
Reznor - Enemy Cast Roll palette for the platform is missing, maybe some other minor tweaks
Skeleton & Ghost Enemies - cape repel sfx for the bones
Sumo Bro - fine
Super Koopas - fine
Various Enemies - Mega Mole & Monty Mole have the same palette issues as the beige Big Boo, but it doesn't affect their appearance as colour 7 isn't used within their sprites
Wiggler - Grid boxes for the body parts

That's it for Bowser. Chargin' Chuck's misplaced and seemingly animated baseball while he's holding it might be coming from different directions he's facing. I was mirroring his assembled ingame sprites the whole time because sometimes I catch a frame from one direction and sometimes from the other. In vSNES I also saw that they were all identical inside the VRAM files. Looks like the only difference was the baseball, whose frames from both directions are now scattered all over the Confused Chuck animations.

This needs a little bit more time and research, but it's the very last enemy to fix and them I'm finally done with them.
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World [Ripping All Levels] - by Barack Obama - 12-14-2020, 05:59 PM