Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Super Mario World [Ripping All Levels]
@DogToon64
Even on my desktop pc, it does nothing.

@Murphmario
Looks like Lunar Magic has its own way to show these tiles, there is a lot of stuff missing which is accessible within the VRAM (like an unused fence). Since the placement of the tiles is actually 8x8 pixels (look at the yellow block and the generator tile in Gnarly), I'm rather sticking with vSNES.

WIP
[Image: ugbBH4E.png]
Before I submit anything, I want to dive deeper into the tileset thingy. At this point, it's just a collection of various foreground material with the focus on animated tiles & stuff that is used everywhere.

- fence (or cage), the dashed lines for Grinder enemies, conveyer belt + its generator, circle platform, railing & spikes belong to the castle tileset
- chompers & bone platforms are underground (I've only seen the latter one in Chocolate Island 4) edit: Forgot that chompers appear in Mondo too
- the blue-pink circle generator belong to levels with the mushroom platforms
- berries belong to meadow & forest tilesets
- rest can be used everywhere

- missing the block with the circle sign from the generic bonus game

And if you're looking at the objects & blocks sheet which is already one the site:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/s...eet/62552/
- the red question mark block doesn't move, it's a still sprite from Back Door which activates the discolight
- all power-ups, both p-switches, trampolin, key, keyhole, discolight & grey block are sprites, also a substantial part of the platforms
- the blue block is a foreground object, but once you take it, it vanishes and a blinking block sprite appears instead. It goes so fast that you'll never notice the difference.
- the blinking blue block sprite has way more colours than you see on the sheet (yellow, another yellow, dark blue, grey, turquoise, red, etc.), it's also blinking faster than the flashing shell so it's not possible to tell how the colour order even looks like
- blue, grey & lightblue block don't move around their own axis because they don't react when you bump them from below. Same to the expanding yellow blocks in Yoshi's Island 3 or Awesome.
- starman is missing one colour
- blue coins are unused, silver coins are missing (the latter ones being sprites)
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World [Ripping All Levels] - by Barack Obama - 12-05-2020, 06:38 PM