Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Greetings one and all...
(06-26-2020, 08:14 AM)GamrCW2 Wrote: Okay then. I look forward to it. Thank you kindly. Thumbs Up

And yeah, DW4 is... okay I guess. Sorta kinda anyway. I mainly got it 'cause it was Digimon; that and it has Dorumon in it. Kind of a shame it's the closest we ever got to a direct followup to DW3 itself, considering it mentions its servers; even having you traverse a warped version of one. Between you and me, I really think instead of returning to the V-pet style of gameplay going forward, the series should've stuck to the DW3 setup. Mind you, I haven't played -Next 0rder- since I don't have a PS4, or Re: Digitize since it was Japan only, so even if they have perfected the V-pet style with those two, I still would've liked for them to have kept the DW3 style of gameplay; at least for a little while. It had a lot of potential, it did. Either way, I think you and I can both agree that Digimon World Data Squad was a letdown; if not an outright disservice to the Digimon World brand, regardless of it being a Data Squad tie in. I honestly expected better from it, but it just didn't hit the spot at all. I traded that one in right after I beat the main campaign, and never looked back.

I almost forgot about Data Squad! Yeah, wasn't a fan of that one. I wasn't even aware of the show at the time, so I really didn't know what was going on.

I haven't actually checked out new Digimon anything for about a decade at this point, so I don't know much about any of the new games. That being said, I do want to check out Cyber Sleuth at some point.

The last Digimon games I got were Digimon World: DS and Digimon World: Dusk. I don't remember much about the story in either case, but if memory serves I think the gameplay was kind of a mix between Digimon World 2 and 3. You ran around the world like you did in 3, but you were able to get all sorts of different Digimon like you did in 2. The Digimon themselves had different digivolution paths and were able to de-digivolve, so more like 3 in that regard as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greetings one and all... - by Spriter Theo - 06-25-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Greetings one and all... - by Spriter Theo - 06-26-2020, 12:16 AM
RE: Greetings one and all... - by Spriter Theo - 06-26-2020, 04:22 PM