Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disable Transparency on SNES Sprites?
(05-23-2020, 11:59 AM)Barack Obama Wrote: You can search the entire ROM per vSNES. If the layout with his tiles isn't too confusing, you can try assembling them.

Btw, you can also grab Tonberry2k's/Ton's sheets and do your own thing with them, such as expanding the content and/or rearranging them in a better way. Just give him credit too and you're cool.

Because this is what the revision system is for, if we just accept a sheet and not let anyone remaster them (if neccessary), then we would sit on tons of outdated sheets.

If the old sheet is too crappy (palette errors, effects that could be separated, incomplete or missing animations, etc.), you can even request its complete replacement by a better ripped version (like yours). In this case, you don't need to give credit to the previous submitter, but 100% of the sheet has to be your own work.
When you say you can use vSNES to search the entire ROM do you mean through the memory viewer?

I figured out what I'm doing with the program a little better now and I can see deciphering what a tile is within the ROM data is about as hard as I anticipated, it would require a much more talented eye than mine. I figure the best plan of action would still be to create savestates of each animation frame and export them one by one which would suck.

I wouldn't say the existing sheets are crap, I appreciate the work that went into them a lot but I always find spritesheets far more useful when they are tiled in a grid rather than placed roughly on a sheet by hand. I will say that it appears that Luke's gun in ESB is actually a separate entity from the looks of things, so it would be cool to separate that out too!

If the memory viewer or the savestates are my only options I can't promise I'll have the time and/or effort to put together a better sheet than the one that's already uploaded, but if I do I'll definitely submit it. If there are any options I've not considered please let me know!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disable Transparency on SNES Sprites? - by keanine - 05-24-2020, 01:17 PM