Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping Monolith, need assistance with conversion
Question 
Joined here since I have found that an indie game I'd like to have sprites of hasn't already been ripped, and decided to do so myself.

I already have all the files decompiled, I just need to convert them into a readable file format (ideally PNG) that does not require the proprietary software used the create the game (its a GameMaker Studio game).

The game in question, if you're curious: https://store.steampowered.com/app/603960/Monolith/ - it's a retro, top-down, twinstick bullet hell/SHMUP roguelike.

Problem is, I don't have GMS myself (and I'm not going to pirate it, obvs). And since the files appear as having no extension, it won't be opened by any editing software I have. Does anyone have a solution for this? Will post the unconverted rips in a reply if having someone with GMS convert them is needed.

Thanks.

If it would help, here's a pic of some of the sprite files extracted from the data.win for the game.

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Ripping Monolith, need assistance with conversion - by Azathoth Noir - 05-18-2020, 05:09 PM