Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GCN) Ripping Project
(05-06-2020, 01:57 AM)Pixel3r Wrote: If you rip the Yukes, I will be your loyal servant!
Seriously, I tried ripping them ages ago, but they kept coming out horrible distorted.
Although, a part of me also thinks you should just wait for the remaster coming out...
I've had some trouble with the Yukes myself; they looked all right until I tried to apply the texture, upon which I found that some parts of the mesh were overlapping where they shouldn't have been. That being said, I was able to rip one of them successfully: the Long Beak player character. I'll probably go back and give the others a second attempt at some point.
[Image: tYsic7Y.png]

I'm really looking forward to the remaster (except for the voice acting; if they DARE ruin my childhood memories of Raem...!!!), but I needed SOMETHING CC-related to do during the wait, and I've been really curious about these models for a long time. The fixed camera angles in the game means that getting a good close-up look at some of the monsters is next to impossible, and there are some interesting details that can only be observed by zooming in and giving the models a 360-degree view. Maggie Moschet and Raem are probably my favorite case studies for details that players would barely or never notice; Maggie is not only wearing nail polish but has small tattoos on the backs of her hands that are more or less impossible to see in-game, while Raem's large size combined with the fixed camera means that you'll never get a really good look at his tail or the cool plate armor on his back.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GCN) Ripping Project - by TaraIncognita - 05-06-2020, 03:53 PM