Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] Ripping Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons
(08-29-2020, 10:53 AM)Username123 Wrote:
(08-29-2020, 12:28 AM)ThatOneOddCat Wrote: Hi, I have a bit of a problem with a model, I exported a squirrel model (Marshall) using the provided tool and imported it to Blender. The model loaded but the shadow is inconsistent on the head along with lighting that is also inconsistent with the rest of the model plus the seams are visible, I've tried to export it again to check if it was the cause of the problem and the results were the same as before. I did some searching for similar issues to other forums, followed the suggestions (recalculate normals, check if faces are flipped and remove doubles) and the problem still persists.

Here's the screenshot:

Any help is appreciated.

Blender does not automatically apply the correct texture maps, therefore you have to apply the texture manually otherwise your results will look like what you described. For Information on how to do this check out this thread and post #69. You may also need to rip the required textures yourself - see the main post for details.

I've checked the thread and post that you have mentioned. It mentioned a _crv _Mtl _Rgh _AO texture file that didn't come with the model which only has _alb _mix _nrm so that kinda confused me. On the other hand, I figured out that the model's normals were partially 'rotated' which cause the shadows and light to be inconsistent. also, thank you for the help!  Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Ripping Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons - by ThatOneOddCat - 08-30-2020, 05:57 AM
How to fit the animation in NPC? - by chomil96 - 12-07-2021, 03:37 AM