Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] Ripping Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons
(05-12-2020, 10:01 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 09:46 PM)Fluffy McMalamute Wrote: So, while looking into the Material setting in the Switch Toolbox, I am trying to confirm where the channels for the _Mix map are assigned. I think these are the settings I am looking at:

*image*

And, from an earlier post: A=0, R=1, G=2, B=3

SO: _Rgh=G, _Mtl=G, _Ocl=R

The others I am guessing at: "material_thickness[_channel]" might be secondary bump map, though the 1000 says it is not used on this model. "material_select_fresnel[_channel] is the Edge Light Coordinate, though again, 1000 denotes not used (related to the _Crv, perhaps?). "material_select_fresnelmask[_channel]" is the _Crv(again, 1000). "material_select_speculmap[_channel]" is if the _Mix has an included _Spc map (no, since it is set to 1000).

Am I getting this right?
Sort of, but not quite. From my understanding, it's R = 0, G = 1, B = 2, A = 3. And for the "material_select" parameters, 0 is usually _Alb, 1 is _Nrm, 2 is the _Mix, and 1000 implies it uses a "default" parameter.

So in your reference pic, it's actually R = _Mtl (metalness_channel = 0), G = Occlusion (occlusion_channel = 1), B = Roughness (roughness_channel = 2). And keep an eye out for "material_specularmap_mode", if that's set to 1 then the blue channel is usually for the specular (_Spc).

Thanks for the confirmation! I was actually looking at the maps (this is for one of the door styles) and was coming to a similar conclusion. And the rest of the info is extremely helpful...and probably something you already posted elsewhere, so apologies for that. Now to continue going through these models. Much appreciated!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Ripping Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons - by Fluffy McMalamute - 05-12-2020, 10:12 PM
How to fit the animation in NPC? - by chomil96 - 12-07-2021, 03:37 AM