Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] Ripping Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons
I tried starting with the trees (Oak, to be precise) and this is the best approximation I can currently come up with (attached).

So, when exporting the model, it had...well, a LOT of pieces. And quite a few different maps. My best guess? It uses a gradient mapping system. The *_Grd maps are color grids. My first assumption is it picks a rando color and applies it to the *_AlbGry, multiplied. But the results of the leaves were too dark. And why was the OakLeaf grid cut into fourths? So I did some experimenting and turned a couple of the horizontal rows (1 pixel high) into gradients and applied a Gradient Map, and I was happier with the results.

Still haven't figured out how to apply the other maps, including the *_Mix maps, though pulling the separate channels gives me an idea. I saw a post on here earlier about those, so I will be re-reading it to perform more tests. Hope this helps.

Also, the grass was created in a similar method, though I think it's randomness is applied more...liberally across the field.

EDIT: Found a MUCH better gradient match in the GRD and am messing with SPEC and AO Maps, newest results attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: thezebradude1

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Ripping Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons - by Fluffy McMalamute - 05-06-2020, 05:15 AM
How to fit the animation in NPC? - by chomil96 - 12-07-2021, 03:37 AM