Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] Ripping Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons
(04-28-2020, 11:54 PM)Darkliger01 Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 09:15 PM)thezebradude1 Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 06:50 PM)Darkliger01 Wrote: Hey guys. I'm trying to get the models, using the new guide. In the command prompt, I entered the command line and it says "[WARN] prod.keys does not exist", even though the prod.keys file is in the same folder as the game's nsp and the hactool program.

Why does it say that?

I had trouble with that as well.
Apparently, you're supposed to make a new directory in your C: (or some other letter for the main) drive (Ex. C:\Users\User\), named ".switch" without the quotes.
Put your prod.keys there and it should work.

I'm still getting that error. Sad

I thought that might of worked...
Then again, I used a combination of the old and new guide to update my ripped assets, so...

Anyways, the way I did it is that I followed the old guide up to around step 2, where I extracted the base game .ncp file.
For the update .ncp file, I followed step 2 again. After pressing 1, I pressed 1, again, where it asks how I want it to be extracted, and in this case all files from there will be.
You'll be able to get the .tik file and the update .nca file this way.

Then, afterwards I followed the new guide under Base + Update, skipping ahead to step 3. Do that, and well... remember to have the base game and update .nca files in the same folder, and while using CMD to cd to the folder containing "hactools.exe" and of course the mentioned .nca files.

If that doesn't work, just stick to the old guide. You'll have most of the games content right then and there, well... unpatched that is.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Ripping Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons - by thezebradude1 - 04-29-2020, 12:33 AM
How to fit the animation in NPC? - by chomil96 - 12-07-2021, 03:37 AM