Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some spritesheets
"looking into hue shifting and saturation/desaturation"
As in making the colors look more vibrant? I can do that.

"the tilted head"
Yeah, I used paint.net alongside Piskel for that. (Piskel's my main software for spriting. I have looked into Aesperite, but I'm trying to save some bucks. .3.)

"blue on purple isn't the best look."
As in Sonic's blue doesn't fit? Or does it have to do with the sheet background and character?

"to far forward"
Well, not exactly facing forward. If it was to be looked at on a 3D plane, his eyes would be looking a little bit to the right instead of just forward.

"possibly pillow shaded?"
had to do a quick google search for that :U
I guess...? I don't really know. I just sprite things the way i see it. .3. (I had to use a red skull for comparison)

"this is the first time i've seen Fang without a hat, feels weird... Not bad though ;P"
Yeah, it was my decision. I may add it as an accessory in a future sheet update. When I linked the sheet to the SRB2 Discord, reception wasn't pretty... (I'm no longer in that server due to how people perceive sprites differently.)

Overall, I can agree that some parts could be touched on.
Speaking of that actually, I've been doing a quick edit/comparison to one of my Sonic sprites. And as I'm doing them, yeah it does look like there's an indirect light source. I try my best. *shrugs* .3.

(I don't really know if posts like these will directly reply to another person...)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Some spritesheets - by WhiteFelineWonder - 03-09-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by JewyB - 03-09-2020, 03:55 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by WhiteFelineWonder - 03-09-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by JewyB - 03-09-2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by WhiteFelineWonder - 03-09-2020, 05:43 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by JewyB - 03-10-2020, 08:35 AM