Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
AlphaDream Filing for Bankruptcy
So I'm sure many of us in the pixel art community are familiar with developer AlphaDream for their Mario & Luigi RPG series (among other lesser-known titles). News broke this morning that they're in dire straights and have filed for bankruptcy following an accumulation of debt.

[Image: q7HCHR5.gif]

Word going around is that they spent a monumental amount of resources developing Mario & Luigi: Dream Team for Nintendo 3DS, and when it fell flat in sales, Nintendo put the nails to them to become more profitable. While I can't say with any kind of authority, I imagine that's why the style never deviated on their 3DS releases, and why we got so many remakes near the end of their life.

[Image: 9r5y1jQ.gif]

My personal feelings are that while I don't care much for their 3DS output, they were still an incredibly talented studio. Regardless of my thoughts on the stylistic change from Bowser's Inside Story to Dream Team, you can see they poured an incredible amount of art into the transition, and their games always felt polished in terms of how they played. This wasn't some rag tag developer popping out games, they were unbelievably competent. It's a shame that employees will likely be spread to the winds now.
Thanked by: SonicStorm478

Messages In This Thread
AlphaDream Filing for Bankruptcy - by Kramlack - 10-02-2019, 12:39 PM