Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Just how the hell long does it take to get something approved on here...?
Edit: Bah, beaten by Petie. I'll leave this up for reference, but it can be ignored since it's a bit of a double whammy at this point.

(09-23-2019, 01:11 PM)-Q- Wrote: Four icons. Four. Four minutes per icon. And yet, three and a half months.

(the rest is quoted above)

Ugh. Let's say these four icons take 15 minutes in total to sort out, as you said earlier. I think it would be possible to do them more quickly than this, but the exact amount of time doesn't matter, and of course no-one can keep going without a break anyway. If it takes 15 minutes to sort your icons out, then another 15 minutes for someone else's, and so on and so forth, you are very quickly looking at hours of time for this alone.

Over the course of months, that shouldn't be too bad, but this is the way the prioritisation system seems to work, with sheets that have icons being reviewed first. On top of the other duties, with the rate at which new sheets get added (see the updates on the homepage - the frequency and sheet count), I can appreciate the amount of time it sucks up. I often manage to spend an entire day faffing about with trivialities!

While there is no system in place that sends a message out if an icon is missing, it does show up in the pending submissions list as "NO ICON", so if you check these things it's quite easy to spot.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just how the hell long does it take to get something approved on here...? - by Simpsons Dumper - 09-23-2019, 04:17 PM