Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Just how the hell long does it take to get something approved on here...?
(09-23-2019, 01:19 AM)-Q- Wrote: Ah, yup. I did done goofed with the icons - slipped my mind. I went ahead and just uploaded them, though to be fair, putting all the assets together for the icons took about...eh, 15 or so minutes.

And before that, I DID upload the game icon but one of the mods deleted it since I uploaded it twice by accident. Which means they've *known* about my submissions for quite some time. And again, considering the effort and time it took to make the icons, my "What the hell." very much still stands, if it hasn't already been upgraded to a "Seriously?"

Seriously? There are well over 300 pending submissions. Even ignoring the time it takes to fully review them, you said yourself that it took 15 minutes to prepare and upload the icons. That’s an average of almost 4 minutes per icon across just your 4 submissions. With that average time, it would take the staff over 20 hours just to add missing icons if every submission didn’t include them. And again, that’s ignoring the rest of the review process.

Icons are optional to make the process of submitting easier for those who can’t (or who, for whatever reason, do not want to) make them. You pay for that convenience by your submissions being de-prioritized as they now require more than the average effort to process for our already small and, need I remind you, volunteer staff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just how the hell long does it take to get something approved on here...? - by Petie - 09-23-2019, 01:47 AM