Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Fire Emblem 3 Houses - Model Rips (Hapi, The Immaculate one, War Cleric)
Question 
EDIT: Already sorted it out. Feel free to check this thread for the solution.

I am not sure if this will get a reply from anyone, but I will say it anyways.

In Marianne's SkinColors text file as an example, there are RGB float values that are to be used in the multiplication of the mask texture (I presume it's the green and black texture) as well as multiplying the skin texture with a set opacity/strength percentage.

Code:
RGB of 0 to 1, in an RGB with 0 to 255 this would be decimal multiplied by 255.
This color is multiplied onto the textures with the green channel of the mask texture, as said mask.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Academy: 0.8, 0.64, 0.62
War: 0.8, 0.64, 0.58

The Skin itself is also multiplied at a strength of 83%, so a translucency of 83%

The question is, what's the proper way of multiplying the skin color using the green channel of the mask texture into the skin texture?

So far, this is what I have done. This is all done using GIMP.

1. I have basically first split the mask texture into individual channels and isolate the green channel.
2. Then I make and fill an empty layer with the color specified from the text file.
3. After that, I set the blending mode to multiply on the color layer with 100% Opacity I filled and merge down into the green channel.
4. Then, I get the skin texture and I multiply both the skin and the now merged green channel mask texture both with an 83% Opacity.

The end result gives some black splotches in parts of the face when I tested just the face only, which I presume it's from the mask texture.

[Image: 3dsmax_mJRlynaeq6.png]

Previously, I just multiply the merged green channel mask texture with 83% Opacity only in step 4, but it more or less gave me the same result. I am going keep trying other ways to see if I find something, but if anyone knows how to do this properly, please let me know.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fire Emblem 3 Houses - Model Rips - by Jokero - 08-10-2019, 11:55 PM
RE: Fire Emblem 3 Houses - Model Rips - by Jokero - 08-11-2019, 12:47 PM
RE: Fire Emblem 3 Houses - Model Rips - by Jokero - 08-12-2019, 04:55 PM
RE: Fire Emblem 3 Houses - Model Rips - by Lyeco - 08-12-2019, 11:07 PM
RE: Fire Emblem 3 Houses - Model Rips - by Jokero - 08-14-2019, 11:16 AM
RE: Fire Emblem 3 Houses - Model Rips - by Jokero - 08-16-2019, 03:51 AM
RE: Fire Emblem 3 Houses - Model Rips - by celina - 09-10-2021, 04:41 PM
Skin Multiplication Question - by Yunpol - 04-29-2021, 01:17 AM