Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Macross Plus Arcade ripping and interlaced ROM Binaries
I used ActionScript in adobe animate of all things (formerly flash) because that's what I'm comfortable with. I pulled up a hex editor, copied out chunks of the raw hex code, dropped them into four text boxes and set it to basically chop a byte off the front of each string and write those numbers to a fifth box. Copy the fifth box back into the hex editor and bam. There are more elegant ways to do it, I'm sure, but it got the job done. (Like actually automating the writing to a file and not having to do the binaries a chunk at a time because flash couldn't handle that much input...)

You could do it for any number of bytes you wanted. At that point it's just string manipulation.

Edit: I just pulled it up. looks like I put in a variable character skip because I wasn't sure how many bytes I'd need per file. I *did* assume four files though, so I don't know what would happen if you had a different number.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dve1cp43b5il3g...ce.7z?dl=0

I won't leave it up forever, but if it will help...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Macross Plus Arcade ripping and interlaced ROM Binaries - by toketsu_puurin - 08-23-2019, 05:05 AM