Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Spriters/Sounds Resource questions
I'll try to address these but I'd like some feedback from other staff members as I don't remember 100% what we had ultimately decided on with some of them.

1) If that's how they're originally stored, zipping them most likely makes sense but I'm not too sure on this one specifically and I'd like to hear other takes on it.
2) No plans currently as they're not overly common nor are they quite as user friendly to work with (for most).
3) If they were originally stored as JPEGs, zipping them as is should be fine but I'm iffy on this one too as a sheet is more useful and there is no quality loss when converting to PNG if done correctly. On the other hand, preserving the original formats is preferred so I'd like to hear feedback here as well.
4) Small animations used infrequently are okay but we typically don't like to see too many of them as they can get distracting. If having the icon animated is needed to properly show its content or really enhances the sheet in some way, go for it. Otherwise, leave it static.
5) Definitely. We have plenty of unused content up on the site. It does not have to be accessible through normal means but should be labeled as unused if you can't find it without digging through the files.
6) We don't have a length cutoff but small jingles are still considered music as far as we're concerned. Something like the puzzle complete sound in Zelda would be fine to upload but a short jingle from a commercial playing on a TV wouldn't. If in doubt, just leave it out. We don't want to step on any toes when it comes to soundtracks.
Thanked by: LukeWarnut

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spriters/Sounds Resource questions - by Petie - 06-03-2019, 11:42 AM