Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mighty and Tiara custom Sonic sprites
Sorry for thread bumping, it's been a while. Also sorry for the awkward formatting, I can't seem to change it.
I'm not going to show so much today, that's because I took a break from this project. As I've stated on my previous post, I wanted to redo my sprites. I did, I'm now undecided on two designs. Once I've chosen one of them to work on, I can finally start making sprite sheets.To start things of, I've been making mulitple versions of my Tiara B in Sonic 2 and Mania style. I'm also going to start on a S3K style sheet as well.

Tiara B Sonic 2 Style Changelog:

V1: This is the earliest known design I've made. Well, it looks too much like a poorly edited Sonic sprite. (IKR?)
This is because I was new to custom/edited sprite making.
Eventually I quickly wanted to redo this design thanks to Wiztoad for stating on being like a Sonic edit.
I also decided not to contiune on making the sprite sheet, which I was doing at the same time.

V1-2: This one's actually pretty interesting, as soon I made my last post I started to redo my previous version.
Since it looks quite similar to my previous design.
I chose to redo her front hair, face and eye lashes,
however I kept the body and hair parts as I was quite happy with those (at the time of making this version).
I named it V1-2 because it looks similar between Version 1 and 2.

V2: Same as the previous versions but I edited her head to make it slightly thinner so it won't look ugly.
No major changes here. Eventually I decided to take a break from my project as I realized I couldn't realy work any further.

V3: Fast forward to July, I chose to go back working on this project again.
I decided I'm going to redraw her facial parts from scratch and edit more of her head so it won't look too much like a Sonic edit.
Took a look at some offical concept art and realized that her head is actually slightly rounded. Almost like a circle.
So I decided work on it and chose to add my sprite some eye detail and a smile, as it would show off her personality and give her
some expression. I've also used Cartoon Animate 22's ribbon part from his custom sprite, as it looks miles better than mine.
Credit to him for the ribbon part. This is the best version I've made so far.

V4: I chose to look back at my older versions and "combined" them all together to make my unique custom design,
although it has similarities between all versions. (Mostly from V2.)
I'm currently undecided to use either this design or V3 as they look way better than my eariler versions.
Not to mention they both look really good. (In my opinion)

Now in the bottom left hand corner of my image (below the disassembled heads) I'm also working on some new designs:
Sonic 3K (Which I would be eventually make a sprite sheet soon)
Lapper's style (Based on his amazing Sonic sprites for his upcoming Sonic Studio Project, credit for his Sonic sprite which I used as a base)
Later Design (Tiara in her later design, which was showed in gaming magazines (like E.G.M) closer to Sonic X-treme's cancellation, credit to
Cartoon Animate 22 for the hair, shoes and body.)

That's all I have for now. Apologies if I bored you or not.
Huge thanks to Wiztoad and Cartoon Animate 22 for giving me feedback. Really appericate it Smile

Edit: Never mind, I've fixed the formatting.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mighty and Tiara custom Sonic sprites - by Sanicderpy - 08-18-2019, 05:27 PM